expandable/collapsible reports

Options
343230 Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports (Windows)

Why do some of my reports have the ability to expand-collapse and some don't. Is it a function of the report I select as the basis from the "Reports" menu? If so how do I select the expand/collapse option?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Some reports have the Expand/collapse option and some don't.

In the Itemized Tags report the options are at the top and are called Expand all and Collapse all.

In the Portfolio views the Expand all and Collapse all buttons are only available when grouped by account and are at the bottom.

In Itemized Categories and Itemized Payees there is one Update to show button.

In other reports, including Spending by Category, Spending by Payee, Income and Expense by Category, and Income and Expense by Payee, you double click on a number to see the transaction detail.

It would be nice if the reports were more consistent, but unfortunately that is not the case.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Some reports have the Expand/collapse option and some don't.

In the Itemized Tags report the options are at the top and are called Expand all and Collapse all.

In the Portfolio views the Expand all and Collapse all buttons are only available when grouped by account and are at the bottom.

In Itemized Categories and Itemized Payees there is one Update to show button.

In other reports, including Spending by Category, Spending by Payee, Income and Expense by Category, and Income and Expense by Payee, you double click on a number to see the transaction detail.

It would be nice if the reports were more consistent, but unfortunately that is not the case.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.