Cannot manually enter new transactions in any account register R52.20

Options

I have the Quicken Deluxe Windows subscription, currently running R52.20. I enter most of my transactions manually, across multiple account registers. I entered several today just fine. Then suddenly it stopped working - I can fill out all the fields, but when I go to hit Save, it does not save; instead it just tabs me back to the prior field (the Memo field in this case). I've re-started Quicken, even rebooted my PC, but still no luck. The QDF file is local on my machine, nothing has changed with the setup. I've tried entering test transactions in multiple account registers, same issue — hitting the Save icon just takes my cursor back to the prior field.

Anyone else had this issue, or any ideas to resolve?

Answers

• QJohnA
    QJohnA Member ✭✭
    Options

Have you done a 'Validate and Repair?'

What happens if you click the 'More Actions' icon next to the 'Save' button and select 'Save?'

What happens if you uninstall and reinstall using a backup file?

What version of Windows are you running?

Has anyone besides you had access to your computer recently?

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have enough free drive space?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• bluedevil165
    Options

Thanks for the ideas. I have over 100GB of free drive space, so that wasn't the issue. I did notice that my QDF file was over 52MB, and I also noticed I had not done a year-end archive for 2022, so I did that to remove some older transactions. That only reduced the file size by about 6MB, but after I did that, "save" resumed working as normal. I can't say for sure that the file size was the issue, or that reducing it slightly made the difference — but at least now it is working.

This discussion has been closed.