Enhanced filters for Quicken Community

Options

I generally like the new version of Community software, but I would like you to restore the ability to permanently "dismiss" specific announcements from the feed I get.

I would also like the ability to permanently filter my feed by categories, and by the financial institutions mentioned in the posts I see. For example,

1. I view the Mac versions of Q as being a completely different animal from the Windows version I use. I do not read or contribute to Mac-related categories.
  2. Similar for the Canadian category.
  3. As a 25-year user, I have no interest in the pre-purchase topics.
  4. …or the "Water Cooler".

All of these comments are aimed at improving the "signal to noise" ratio in the community, as I use it. Of course, every user will have different preferences for how they would like Community posts to be filtered.

1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

You can do some of what you want. This forum calls it "following" or "unfollowing" categories.

It takes some tedious setup, but you only have to do it once. I also don't want to follow QMac categories. To make them invisible, I go to each QMac category and say "Unfollow" in the 3 dot … menu.

Repeat for each category you don't want to follow. Then when you go to the forum, make sure you are viewing "Following", not "All".

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.