Entering a transaction with a new security / ticker symbol, revisited

Options
acferrad
acferrad Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I reported this bug/issue here on June 21st. After it not being fixed for a month, I reverted to 45.21, to get around the problem. However after a few months of sticking with this version, I decided to upgrade to the latest, just in case it had been fixed, but alas, no.

Here it is again:

"I trade options every week (hence new Security / ticker symbols every week). I enter my transactions manually (coz Quicken can't standardize with my institutions). I start with Date, then Action, then Security. When I hit Enter after entering the name of my (new) security, Quicken correctly says it is not in my list, and prompts me on 2 more screens to enter the ticker, class, etc, which I do. However on returning to the register, the Security field (The one I just entered) is blank, ie. lost. I have to retype it in again or find it in the security list. In previous versions, it would be filled with the new security I have just entered."

Does anyone from Quicken support read these posts, I wonder?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.