delete a single erroneous placeholder entry

Options
dmoore24
dmoore24 Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Quicken is showing more shares for a holding than my brokerage account shows. Quicken overstates the number of shares held by the number of shares listed in a placeholder entry for the holding. If I eliminate the placeholder the number of shares will reconcile. How do I eliminate the erroneous placeholder and get the shares held value in Quicken to match the shares held value from my brokerage account? I was not able to find any help on this issue by searching online Help.

Thanks

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Right click on the Placeholder and select Delete.

QWin Premier subscription
  • dmoore24
    dmoore24 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, I would right click and delete, if I could. There are 14 total placeholder entries. when I right click on the one at issue, nothing happens. I'm reluctant to delete all (the only delete option I'm seeing) as I don't know what that's going to do to the other 13 holdings subject to placeholder entries, but I suspect it will not be good.

• dmoore24
    dmoore24 Member ✭✭
    Options

My solution was to manually create a transaction that removed the number of shares listed in the erroneous placeholder entry. This brought the share balance into reconciliation between Quicken and my brokerage account.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A Placeholder only affects the security named in the transaction. If you are unsure of what will happen, you can back up your data file before deleting and revert to the backup if necessary.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.