Reports Using the Memo Field

Options
Wayne W.
Wayne W. Member
edited October 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I often create reports based on what is entered in the Memo field. For instance, if I wanted a report on a trip I took to Europe this year, I would create a report and include "Europe 2023" in the "Memo contains:" field found in the Categories, Tags, Payees, or Securities tab of the "Customize" report section (once entered in one tab it automatically populates the other three tabs). The result would be a report that includes entries that include "Europe 2023" in the memo field for the specified date range (no further filtering is needed).

However, when I tried to do that today, the report that was generated ignored the "Memo contains:" criteria and simply created a report including everything within the date range. I contacted Quicken Support and the tech mentioned that another customer recently reported the same problem. After sharing my screen, we found a work around that generated the report that I wanted (i.e., only include entries with "Europe 2023" in the memo field).

To do it, I generated the report as usual which, as before, included every entry within the date range. At the top of the report there is a "Sort by" pick box which includes a list of options including "Memo." After selecting "Memo", the report was filtered to only include entries with "Europe 23" in the Memo field.

While this workaround solved my immediate problem, using a "sort by" option as a filter is certainly not intuitive and, I would imagine, not intended. I have to believe this is something that broke with the latest release as I use these reports frequently and believe it worked fine no more than a month ago.

For the Quicken programmers out there, I'm using Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property, Version R52.20, Build 27.1.52.20 for Windows 11 Home.

Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.