Etrade conversion to Morgan Stanley - Connection Issues

Options
Perry Orne
Perry Orne Member ✭✭✭

Hi. I know similar questions have been asked over the last few weeks, but they either go off in odd directions or the originator quits posting.

My issue:

• ETrade connection was working fine before the conversion to Morgan Stanley (MS) with Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
  • Around September 1 the connection quit working just after the conversion.
  • I've disconnected and reconnedted the account multiple times using the new account number (with no spaces as some have mentioned for some reason)
  • The connection works occasionally during all-account-download it also works occasionally with just selecting to download for the individual ETrade account.
  • Before the conversion to MS it didn't ask for the 2FA number even though it was already setup and working fine when I downloaded from quicken or when I logged in via the website (which of course asked for the 2FA number.).
  • Today I decided to try and get it working "every time" because it has been working "occasionally."
  • It now doesn't work at all, even though I've completely disconnected the account, removed the password from the Mac Keychain Access App and reconnected the account.
  • The support tech will always ask for a Screenshot, so that's already attached.
  • The error code is FDP-101, as you can see from the screenshot.
  • The Userid, Password, and 2FA number work fine from the website.
  • The Userid, Password, and 2FA number work fine when resetting up transaction downloads. The accounts are found. I.e. I do get logged in and so forth.
  • Please suggest some ideas about what to fix/check but please don't treat this as an L1 support request, your assistance in this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Perry

Comments

• Perry Orne
    Perry Orne Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken. Can you please give me some pointers from your end?

Thanks,

• Perry Orne
    Perry Orne Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@quicken, I just thought I'd add some hopefully helpful information:

• I've read and executed any and all available help docs and suggestions found in this forum or the documentation from Quicken.
    • I've read and executed any and all available help docs, suggestions, and documentation from ETrade.
    • I am using a Mac running OSX on version Ventura 13.5.2 and Quicken is updated to version Quicken 7.3.1, the latest.

Thanks

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Perry Orne I'm sorry I don't have accounts with Morgan Stanley or ETrade (not since many years ago), so I can't address your questions. I just wanted to let you know that this site is not Quicken Support; it's a community forum with mostly fellow Quicken users and a handful of Quicken moderators who can help answer some support questions. Typing @quicken doesn't notify anyone. You may want to find a time to call Quicken Support so you can work through what you're experiencing and have them screen share with you so they can see it and either help troubleshoot a solution or document and escalate it.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Perry Orne
    Perry Orne Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@jacobs Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.