I do not wish to enter + New for each transaction line & I miss cash register sound

Options
Jahaynes50
Jahaynes50 Member

When I used to enter my transactions into Quicken on my PC version it was more efficient: Once you put in a transaction, then hit enter, it automatically brought up a new line for you to enter the next transaction. When you are entering a month's worth of individual transactions this is helpful. You don't want to have to stop after each entry and hit (+New) again for each transaction like you must do on the Quicken for Mac version. I am using Quicken Classic Version on the Mac. 7.3.0 (Build 703/50424.100) Mac OS 13.5.2.

Also, it was nice to hear that cash register sound when your transaction had been entered so you new that it took.

Please fix these two items in your future enhancements. Sooner, rather than later I hope. I can't believe this (+New) thing passed muster with Q&A.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Instead of hitting Enter, hit Command-N on the keyboard. That will save the current transaction and start a new one. That issue has been discussed over and over and it's not going to change.

There's no option to make a sound when a transaction is saved in QMac. There may be an Idea post for that already, but unfortunately I don't have the bandwidth to search for it right now.

This forum is primarily a user to user community and the developers will not see or respond to your post. You can use the new Send Quicken Feedback option in the help menu to pass your suggestions to Quicken.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

As @RickO explains, pressing Enter is a single keystroke, and pressing Command-N is a single keystroke — it's different than what you've been used to, but it's still just a single keystroke. (For what it's worth, it's been this way in Quicken Mac for the past 9 years, so this is not a new issue.) It does take some time to retrain your eye-brain-hand muscle memory, but once you do, I've found it's not a problem.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.