Future Dated Transactions (Bill Payments, vesting dates, etc...)

Options

With the latest version of Quicken Classic (Ver. R52.28, build 27.1.52.28) an error log was created for any existing future dated transactions. Not a big issue, it appears that they are all still there at the future date. My problem is occuring when I use the "Bills & Income" tab to enter future transactions (payments). Now when I select the pull down to enter the future transaction ("Edit" button pull down), Quicken Classic "freezes up" (spinning circle of death). So I have to close the program and restart each time I try to enter a future transaction. (Yes, I have already rebooted my PC post update to have the new logo.) Help… it should be a bug fix… You can make future payments online at banks, entering it into Quicken just allows you to track it and then get a "Matching" transaction once the date occurs.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Ken B.

Where do you see this error log?

I don't seem to have any trouble entering future dated Reminders. Are these "Auto enter" transactions where you are changing the amount for a future payment?

QWin Premier subscription
  • Ken B.
    Ken B. Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jim,

I got the error log after updating when I restarted Quicken... There was a pop-up that said their were issues, did I want to see the error log. So I opened it and it was all future dated transactions.

After that, after restarting Quicken, when I went to enter future transactions from the Bills & Income tab, after hitting the enter button (w/o changing the amount), it would freeze up with the spinning wheel of death. Only way out was to close Quicken and restart. The entry was entered at the future date, but needed to restart ech time after Quicken froze up.

Thanks for any help you can provide.... been using Quicken for about 15 years, so not new to the program, but this is the 2nd time in the last year or two that the updating future dates function got messed up with a new update.

This discussion has been closed.