Can I track an "account" that is not currency based? Need to keep track of some non cash items

Options
TSFlash
TSFlash Member ✭✭

I have a checking account, a savings account and TD. I also have other "accounts" that aren't really accounts but just need a tracking device to keep track of the balances and transactions.

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

just check mark [x] them as SEPARATE in the Account Details - and they won’t be included in reports or screens, but still exist for access

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You can create an account in Quicken for anything, and manually adjust its balance however/whenever you want. If the account is something you own, you could use an Asset account. If adjusting transactions shouldn't apply to any income or expense category, you can use Category=Adjustment to change the balance without affecting your income or expenses.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Are you trying to track an inventory? (Quicken isn't really intended for this.)

Or are you trying to track offline accounts?

Your question is a bit confusing.

• TSFlash
    TSFlash Member ✭✭
    Options

So I'd like to do two different things. One is just a rewards account with points, but I don't want it to show as cash because then it affects by increasing my overall cash and net worth. The other thing I am wanting to do is keep track of my kids college fund. So like I have $30,000 in savings that is accounted for but I'd like to have separate "accounts" that show like my oldest has 12,000, middle child $10,000 and youngest $8,000 so would like those to just show as numbers rather than dollar amounts otherwise again it increases my overall cash. Thanks

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

just check mark [x] them as SEPARATE in the Account Details - and they won’t be included in reports or screens, but still exist for access

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.