Discover - Here we go again...

Options

After they duct taped the Discover downloads it worked for a while but now I'm getting error messages again that my Discover accounts have been deleted. Any update on when this will get fixed?

Comments

• Wichita Lineman
    Options

I should add this affects both bank accounts and credit card.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Wichita Lineman,

To help you troubleshoot this issue, more information will be helpful. Are you receiving any error code when you try to update your accounts? What is the exact error message? Are you able to attach a screenshot of that message (with any personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Wichita Lineman
    Options

CC-800 in OSU It appears one or more accounts at Discover have been deleted.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend that you backup your Quicken file and follow the steps from this article on troubleshooting CC-800 errors:

First, you'll need to deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Second, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools Add Account 
    2. Go through the flow of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, use your login credentials and answer any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Quicken you really need to fix this Discover Card problem - I am having the same problems mentioned here - tried all the fixes even called Quicken support and was on the phone with them for nearly 2 hrs. but nothing worked! With all the issues mention here it sounds like you can't figure out what is wrong - if you haven't please make this a high priority for getting this issue resolved. [Edited - Readability]

• GreenKat
    GreenKat Member
    Options

Totally agree. Also spent hours and hours and call backs with both Quicken and Discover. This issue has me looking at different financial programs.

In addition, it is no longer just Discover that will not download but my credit union also.

This discussion has been closed.