Is there any way to enter all scheduled transactions by due date? (Windows current rel.)

Options
cc4bs
cc4bs Member ✭✭

I currently have around 55 scheduled transactions out there, but the current (next month) transactions to be posted average around 40 per month. I like to enter all of the transactions for a month. Near the end of a month, I go to the upcoming scheduled transactions for the next month, and MANUALLY enter all of them, one at a time. It would be very nice to enter all upcoming transactions with one selection of a "due date" range. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you!

Best Answer

• RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

While it is true that you can set up automatic transactions as suggested, what that limits is the view of cash flow at the end of the month. The suggestion is to have it automatically entered a specific number of days prior to end of month. I pay multiped credit cards each Thursday how would I set up? I have deposits being made bi-weekly….. I too enter all transactions for the upcoming month as a batch so that I can forecast cash balances in all the accounts as it will be at the end of the month on the 1st of the month. While not a top priority compared with getting fixed all that is broken, as a future feature I would think it should be considered. Right now I can't even get it to stay on 90 day view.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If these transactions are for the same amount each month, you can set them to Auto Enter X days before their due date and you won't have to click anything!

QWin Premier subscription
  • cc4bs
    cc4bs Member ✭✭
    Options

A day or so before month-end, I want to enter all transactions for the next month. No more, no less in all accounts. For example on September 29th or 30th, I would like all accounts updated with upcoming transactions with one click for October. (I was aware of the auto update by days, but that will not do what I want. (Shortly after October 1, November transactions will start coming in if I use 31 days.)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And the answer still is what @Jim_Harman suggested: Use Auto Enter for each of these reminders.

For example, if the Due Date is monthly on the 15th, (e.g., next due on 10/15) set Auto Enter to "[17] days before Due Date" and the reminder will be recorded on the 29th (9/29 with due on 10/15.)
    That will happen automatically. You don't even need to click on something to kick it off.
    Now do the same for all your other reminders as needed.

• cc4bs
    cc4bs Member ✭✭
    Options

I was hoping Quicken people would see my question and consider in the future to make a "button" to enter all transactions in a selected due date range - for example Oct 1 thru Oct 31.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you set up each bill the way ukr said. It will be automatic and automatically enter each one when you want. You won't have to do anything, not even accept it,

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think we understand what you are asking for. Please try what 3 of us have recommended, which will do what you ask with zero clicks, no changes to the software required.

QWin Premier subscription
  • RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

While it is true that you can set up automatic transactions as suggested, what that limits is the view of cash flow at the end of the month. The suggestion is to have it automatically entered a specific number of days prior to end of month. I pay multiped credit cards each Thursday how would I set up? I have deposits being made bi-weekly….. I too enter all transactions for the upcoming month as a batch so that I can forecast cash balances in all the accounts as it will be at the end of the month on the 1st of the month. While not a top priority compared with getting fixed all that is broken, as a future feature I would think it should be considered. Right now I can't even get it to stay on 90 day view.

This discussion has been closed.