Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) (QMAC)

Options
9Scoops
9Scoops Member ✭✭

As the title states, getting this error when trying to download transactions. It's happened for the last several days. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

Thanks

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

That is a personal choice matter but I think you will be much happier with the connection quality and reliability of Elan.

If you do proceed with making this change, first backup your data file and then be sure to deactivate the connection with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card before trying to set up the connection with Elan.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @dbakkum,

You can access the alert using this link where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

In your post in the other thread you said you were having a problem with your Fidelity Rewards Visa, not with a NetBenefits account. Is that correct?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Yes:

Complete error:

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-102

Details:
    FI_TIMEOUT
    Retry. Layout has been changed.

Note that this may be due to the site requiring a One Time Passcode to log in.

• Jon
    Options

Ok, I fixed the thread title.

• tgactu
    tgactu Member
    Options

Same issue here. I can log in to the Fidelity (Elan) site normally (no OTP needed). But getting same error message since 8/25.

• Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've opened an "escalation" (support ticket with Quicken on this

• Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2023
    Options

In case you have not seen the Support Article for FDP-102 error code, click on the following link: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-102-while-adding-account-quicken-mac .

In QWin I have my Fidelity Rewards Visa Card set up with Elan Financial Services. A few days ago I got the CC-502 error code (indicates a connection issue caused by maintenance on the bank's servers) and this code often shows up in QWin when FDP-102 shows up in QMac.

After a couple of days I did a Reset Account and that resolved the issue for me.

I am not very familiar with QMac. Does QMac have a similar "Reset Account" function? If so, you might want to try that to see if that resolves the issue.

• 9Scoops
    9Scoops Member ✭✭
    Options

This is the error I'm getting: "Quicken cannot connect to this account."

I tried going to the connection center and "update login" and I get the same message as above

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-102

Details:
    FI_TIMEOUT
    Retry. Layout has been changed.

• Jon
    Options

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

This Alert and Ticket is about the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card financial institution (FI).

But this thread is about the Elan Financial Services FI which is different but can also be used to download for this credit card.

The issues encountered with each of these FIs are often different from each other but sometimes they are the same. Elan manages the downloads for both of these FIs.

I asked the Moderator to clarify which FI this Alert and Ticket are for and she said it was for the Fidelity Reward Credit Card, not for the Elan Financial Services FI because that is the thread she saw.

In other words, that Alert and Ticket does not regard this thread. I've provided information to her showing that there are both QWin and QMac threads as evidence that it appears the issue is affecting both Elan and Fidelity, not just Fidelity. Hopefully, the Alert and Ticket will be updated to add Elan to them, as well.

• Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Data point, for me the alert is pertinent (and may be due to the escalation I raised. It is for the Fidelity Rewards card issued by Elan. Note that my connection for downloading transactions is using "login.fidelityrewards.com" and not the previous elan URL.

• Jon
    Options

I don't think Quicken can get info about the Fidelity Rewards card directly from Fidelity; AFAIK it comes from Elan. If you go to login.fidelityrewards.com, at the bottom it says "This website is owned and operated by Elan Financial Services, and Fidelity is not responsible for the content contained herein.".

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

True, one cannot download the Fidelity credit card transactions from Fidelity Investments.

Fidelity Investments contracted with Elan to issue and manage this credit card. Their contract also stipulated that Elan set up a unique website set up just for this credit card: https://www.fidelityrewards.com/. The data in this website is essentially a mirror image of what is in the Elan Financial Services website with just a different look and the "Fidelity" brand attached to it.

In QWin we are able to set up the Fidelity credit card for downloads with 2 different FIs:

1. Fidelity Rewards Credit Card: This FI downloads from this unique Fidelity Rewards link. And, according to the Moderator, this is what the posted Alert is for.
    2. Elan Financial Services: This FI downloads from the Elan website (https://card.myaccountaccess.com/credit/account-home.do). Per the Moderator, the Alert does not include Elan Financial Services.

When I see posts/threads about the Fidelity credit card my understanding is that if they reference "Elan" they are about #2.

When I see posts/threads about the Fidelity credit card and there is no reference to "Elan" it is my understanding they are about #1.

It has also been my understanding (not sure why) for some time that QMac also has 2 different financial institution setup options for the Fidelity credit card. Am I mistaken about that?

BTW, I stopped downloading (except in test files) from Fidelity Rewards Credit Card about 2 yrs ago because for some odd reason Elan cannot manage the interface/downloads from there very well….lots of connection issues and data reliability issues, especially with the downloaded Online Balance and with transactions sometimes not downloading.

I instead download from Elan Financial Services which is much more reliable and relatively trouble-free.

• Jon
    edited August 2023
    Options

In Quicken Mac, there are still separate entries for "Fidelity Rewards Credit Card" (fidelityrewards.com) and "Elan Financial Services" (elanfinancialservices.com). I tried both just now in QMac - Elan works for me, Fidelity gives me the 102 error. Both sites use the same login credentials, which are not the userid & PW I use to login to Fidelity's site.

So it seems to me that this problem is really referencing #1.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@Jon - Thanks for confirming.

I agree that there is an issue with Fidelity. It's, been reported as such with QWin as well. So the the Alert and Ticket are fine in this regard.

But I experienced the issue last week with Elan (no longer an issue for me) and there is a current QWin thread which also refers to this issue with Elan.

Now the question is, the Title of this thread refers to Elan as well as at least one other post in this thread. So, are these really issues with Elan or with Fidelity or with both?

It all brings me back to the Alert and Ticket: IMO it should be expanded to include Elan or Elan might not be included in the fix.

• Jon
    Options

I don't think @9Scoops has said which one they're using.

• Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I tried both FIs in Qmac and the error is the same for me

• Kris Hartner
    Kris Hartner Member ✭✭
    Options

Like others, just started having this issue for the first time on 8/28/23, on 8/29/23, went in to Settings: Change Connection: and searched for Elan Financial Services, selected that to make the change and connection worked, linked to my existing account setup in Quicken and all seems fine now.

• Cruz
    Cruz Member ✭✭
    Options

Same have been happening to me. Fidelity Visa Rewards Credit Card. Since Aug 25 2023 I have been getting this FDP-102 'Retry. Layout has changed". I chat with Quicken and support seemed to be unaware of the issue.

• Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to resolve my issue by disconnecting the account in the Downloads section of the Settings and then setting the downloads up using "Elan Financial Services". Previously, I was trying the "Change Connection" option to do that and it didn't work

• Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to resolve mine by:

Select Account

Select Settings

Select Downloads

Select "Disconnect Account"

Select "Disconnect" in resulting dialog box

then

Select Settings

Select Downloads

Select Connect Account

and use the "Elan Financial Services" Financial Institution (FI)

Earlier, when I couldn't get the "Elan" FI to work, I wasn't disconnecting the account first. I was just using the "Change Connection" option

• 9Scoops
    9Scoops Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, just seeing this now. I think I'm following the line of questioning. Which website am I trying to download from? I have always used login.fidelityrewards.com to download transactions.

Should I switch to the Elan one?

• Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

That is a personal choice matter but I think you will be much happier with the connection quality and reliability of Elan.

If you do proceed with making this change, first backup your data file and then be sure to deactivate the connection with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card before trying to set up the connection with Elan.

• 9Scoops
    9Scoops Member ✭✭
    Options

Just backed up my file, disconnected the account from the Fidelity site, tried to reconnect thru Elan and got the following error:

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-101

Details:
    CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
    General Error Occurred

Any thoughts?

• 9Scoops
    9Scoops Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried it a few more times and it eventually worked. Appreciate everyone's help! Next step is figuring how to get my NetBenefits/Fidelity accounts working again.

• Cruz
    Cruz Member ✭✭
    Options

Is there any update from Quicken on this issue? The Elan Financial solution did not work for me and my Fidelity Rewards Visa would still not update.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Would you care to explain what you mean by "The Elan Financial solution did not work for me"? Please describe what specifically happened when you first disconnected your Fidelity Rewards connection and then tried to set up the Elan Financial connection?

• Cruz
    Cruz Member ✭✭
    Options

Sure. I follow the steps you suggested above. First I disconnected from Fidelity Rewards, as it was not updating (FDP-102 Error. "Retry. Layout has changed")for about a week anyway. I tried what you suggested (i.e., reconnect or 'Connect Account") with Elan Financial Services and also back to Fidelity Rewards. Neither would connect me with the same error, like my account does not exist. However, I have access to the Fidelity Rewards website - so my account is not blocked nor does have any error.

• kurtkrum
    kurtkrum Member ✭✭
    Options

Also having this problem, got error CC-502 and now getting error CC-929. Haven't been able to download transactions to quicken for windows for about a week from Fidelity Rewards.

• kurtkrum
    kurtkrum Member ✭✭
    Options

I just tried as a plan B creating an account in quicken with Elan Financial Services to see if that would work. It gets the same error as Fidelity Rewards.

• Cruz
    Cruz Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, the same has been happening to me. It does not seem like Quicken is concerned about it. I called their support and they still want to work on my setup when this is a problem affecting many. It has been two weeks, I lost hope that they will fix it.

This discussion has been closed.