Sonoma Compatibility

Options
hartofak
hartofak Member ✭✭

[Removed- Beta]. Now that Sonoma has been released is Quicken for Mac working? I see that QuickBooks is completely unusable on Sonoma.

Version 7.3.1 (Build 703.50428.100)

Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I can't give you a definitive answer because I haven't updated my Mac to Sonoma yet, but I can offer some anecdotal information…

• There have been no posts in this forum from user running macOS Sonoma since its release about compatibility or other problems running Quicken.
    • Quicken has not issued any alerts warning users to avoid running Quicken Mac on macOS Sonoma. (That would be very unusual.)
    • Quicken has not issued any statement about Quicken Mac being fully compatible with macOS Sonoma. But I can't recall them ever doing so. In fact, Quicken Mac has been compatible with every new release of macOS at the time of the OS release in the modern Quicken Mac era (e.g. since El Capitan in 2015).

So all that points to no problems. Hopefully someone running Sonoma will chime in here and confirm if they are not seeing any issues.

(The only issue which was reporting during the beta period of macOS Sonoma was that the Column button was not working, and that a fix for that was expected "soon". That was 3+ weeks ago, and I have asked one of the moderators to query the Mac development team whether this issue was fixed with the recent version 7.3.x release. The developers unfortunately don't often list fixed bugs in the release notes for each new version.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2023
    Options

Columns button is working for me with 7.3.1 on Sonoma.

I haven't done much with Quicken on Sonoma yet - I just switched my main Mac over last night but I've had it on my laptop for a week now. No problems yet.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• hartofak
    hartofak Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for responding so quickly.

• jacobs
    Options

@hartofak We've heard back from the mother ship confirming that the minor issue with the Columns menu when using macOS Sonoma was resolved with the release of version 7.3. 😉 (That is, I asked a moderator to check into it, and she heard back from the development team that the issue was indeed resolved in the 7.3 release, and the previous alert about the issue is now marked as resolved.)

• JohnInPL
    JohnInPL Member
    Options

Quicken Classic 7.3.1 will not run on Sonoma on a MacBook Pro 13", M1, 2020.

• jacobs
    Options
  • smvl808
    smvl808 Member ✭✭
    Options

Since updating to MacOS Sonoma, I can no longer drag and drop attachments (PDF, jpg) from the Notes app to Quicken. Drag and drop of those same attachments works from Notes to other apps. So I am not sure if this is a Quicken issue or a Notes issue. Running Quicken 7.3.2.

This discussion has been closed.