Home and Business for Mac already

Options
bluebikesnow
bluebikesnow Member
edited November 2023 in Before you Buy

I used Home and business for mac until 2017. I switched to quickbooks after quicken dropped it. I've seen this request in the community a number of times. Even a developer asking what features we'd like to see. I'll echo, the ones that are in the pc version please

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@bluebikesnow There has never been a Quicken Mac Home & Business version. Not in the legacy Quicken Mac which ended with the much-loved Quicken 2007, and not in the modern Quicken Mac which debuted in 2015 and has been slowly getting built out ever since. So I'm not sure what you were using, because it wasn't Home & Business for Mac.

But that's water long under the bridge. The fact is that The Powers That Be have announced that they are working on creating a Home & Business version for Mac. As with other officially planned features, we don't know when it will appear.

The developers aren't going to just build the Windows version. There's stuff in there which doesn't work well, and stuff which was developed long ago which few people use. And building something with 100% of the features of the Quicken Windows version would likely take them years. That is why they ask what features users want/need/expect: they want to first develop the core features the largest number of people want. My guess is that the Mac Home & Business version will emerge over time, with new features added as they build it, rather than all at once in a feature-complete version.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe you had Home & Business on Mac by running the Windows version using something like Parallels.  Google Windows on Mac to get articles on the various  options.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Maybe you had Home & Business on Mac by running the Windows version using something like Parallels.

@volvogirl But that option still exists, and the original poster says Quicken dropped the version he was using.

I don't know if perhaps he meant Quicken Mac 2007, which was dropped, rather than 2017? But there was no Home & Business versions of Quicken Mac 2007. The only thing that was dropped in 2017 was the perpetual license release of Quicken, replaced by the annual subscription licenses. But there was no Home & Business version of Quicken Mac 2017 or 2018 or beyond; nothing has been dropped from Quicken Mac.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.