Thrift Savings Plan Data Wiped Clean after Latest Update

Options
2»

Answers

• kipster
    kipster Member ✭✭
    Options

quicken support phone number: (650) 250-1900

If each user with this issue continued to call each day, and talk to a real human, the call center metrics may reach a level (and cost) that might be reported to a higher level of management. $ Talks…

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have used report a problem from within Quicken twice and not received any reply from your company. I guess I get to pay, I get to report and I get to be ignored.

@Oliver2023 I understand your frustration at the Thrift Savings Plan issue, but you have a misperception. The first words on the Report a Problem say: "We will not respond to these reports directly."

So why would you be upset to not get a reply? They plainly state that you will not. It suggests you call their support department or use their support chat. Have you done that?

You also address Quicken Kristina and ask "at what point are you going to do something for your customers?" You understand that she is not the CEO of Quicken, right? Nor the lead programmer? She's a moderator on a community (user) forum, so she doesn't have detailed insight into the progress (or lack thereof) of every connectivity issue. The reality is that she and the moderators post alerts when they get confirmation that a problem is acknowledged; there's rarely any update until the problem is resolved. Most connectivity problems involve the financial institution and/or Intuit, Quicken's connectivity service provider — and once Quicken reports the problem to Intuit, they are at the mercy of Intuit and/or the financial institution to fix the problem getting fixed. You said you "don't really get the feeling that anything is being done about it", but the fact is that none of us have any knowledge about where the problem lies, who is working on it, or when it may be fixed — but that doesn't mean nothing is being done.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Oliver2023
    Oliver2023 Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs Your firsts point is fair - thought if I behaved that way in my job, it wouldn't go well. But they are also not really engaging very well in the forum.

As to Kristina, you are completely wrong on my mind. I realize the Quicken people in the forum are neither the CEO nor the lead developer. They are, however, the intentionally presented the face of the company, which is what I am addressing. Their job is to communicate that back into the company, something I cannot do. If they understand their job they will realize that when I say "at what point are you going to…" then the 'you' is not them personally, but the company which they have chosen to represent to me, the customer.

Lastly, as the paying customer it is not my job to understand where the technical problem lies, or who owns it. If Quicken takes my money then they are taking on the responsibility to provide the service I paid for, however they choose to do that. If they work with a third party who isn't delivering, I can hardly get involved.

• Micah Chollar
    Options

OK, so this issue is officially a month old now.
    Has anyone received any update besides "No ETA or further details are available at this time"?

How long is it reasonable to wait on this sort of status with no information? My patience is running low. It does not appear to have any sort of priority.

• JBV5
    JBV5 Member ✭✭
    Options

I submitted another "Report a Problem" from within Quicken (Help, Report a Problem) and referenced Ticket #10511336. Perhaps if a number of people re-report a problem with that Ticket # it will resurface the issue to a higher priority? Either that or people keep calling customer support re questing status for that Ticket #. Worth a shot.

• jacobs
    Options

Has anyone received any update besides "No ETA or further details are available at this time"?

Unfortunately, there is (almost) never any update information available after a connectivity issue is acknowledged until it is one day back up and working correctly. The moderators on this site don't get any insight into who is doing what or what the holdup is. (I'm not saying this is the best system, just telling you that's the way it is.)

It does not appear to have any sort of priority.

I absolutely understand your frustration, but there's no basis for this conclusion — for the exact reason that we don't have any information about what is being done. We don't know if it's an internal Quicken problem, a problem at Intuit (which handles connectivity), or a problem which is awaiting changes from the financial institution, who's working on what or waiting on whom. All we know is that it hasn't yet been fixed, but that doesn't translate to it not having any sort of priority.

You can try calling Quicken Support, which this site is not, but my guess is that they won't have more information. 🙁

• JBV5
    JBV5 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just submitted a chat request and here's the info I received:

"… I can see the alert we are working on that no update yet, however once we fix it we will notify you by email."

I asked: Any idea of an ETA? It's been broken for a month now.

Response: "I know, we do apologize for the inconvenience we had been working on that with the institution but we were not able to identify where the problem is, however next week we expect to have this problem completely resolve"

• jacobs
    Options

Well, I don't know if that answer is made up from thin air or if there is some information the Support agent could access which gives him that ETA. I'm a little skeptical, but I'm hoping for your sake that what they told you is correct! 😉

• Mollinmark
    Mollinmark Member ✭✭
    Options

The fact that it's getting the correct balance from TSP during the connection setup makes me think it's with Quicken

• ptnic
    ptnic Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Hello, what is the current status of this problem?

• Micah Chollar
    Options

We are now at two months and counting with no significant response from Quicken.
    Today it actually got worse. Up until today it still showed balance history until Oct 2nd at which point the balance started showing $0.
    Well today it erased all prior history of balances in Quicken.

After I saw this, I tried disconnecting the account and reconnecting. When it's establishing the connection, it shows the current balance (as mentioned previously by some others), but once the process is complete: all 0s. No history. No balance.

Anybody getting any response from Quicken on this?

• Ben Richey
    Options

Still not working, I just subscribed but if this doesn't work soon I'll likely be requesting a refund. Hard to use software for financial planning when one of your main retirement accounts isn't supported.

• JBV5
    JBV5 Member ✭✭
    Options

I just tried it. It still doesn't work for me.

I reintegrated the account—no luck. I checked for updates—there is none. I logged out and back on—no luck. Reintegrated the account again after logging out & back on—still no luck.

• sjl1979
    sjl1979 Member
    Options

Not working for me, either.

• Mollinmark
    Mollinmark Member ✭✭
    Options

So since it looks like they might abandon this, here's how I've been updating it. I put an entry in Quicken to adjust my TSP value to make it current. I then add an entry each day to update. I duplicate an old entry based on whether its a gain or loss and then change the date and amount. I get the amount from the Daily TSP app, which is pretty good and shows the Daily Dollar Change in the account. Not ideal but it only takes about 15 seconds a day to do this. Not a big deal to me since I was using Quicken for Windows for many years up until this year and it never worked with TSP.

• JHV123
    JHV123 Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue is not resolved and zeroed out my account and removed all transactions.

• mlhill527
    mlhill527 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I do something very similar. I usually update 3 to 4 times a week. I agree, the TSP app works quite well.

They may eventually resolve the problem, I have a Goldman Sachs account that was not downloading, it took about nine months to fix the problem.

• mwreagan
    mwreagan Member ✭✭
    Options

Updated to Quicken Classic Deluxe 7.4.2 on Mac OS 14.1. Still doesn't work.

• atarian50
    atarian50 Member ✭✭
    Options

I just tried (3 times) linking my TSP account and it didn't work.

• Hotwings
    Hotwings Member ✭✭
    Options

I contacted quicken support yesterday and was on the phone for over an hour while they tried to see why they can’t connect to the thrift savings plan (tsp.gov) server. I even spoke to a supervisor who also gave me a story that they can’t connect. I asked them why Mint can connect but quicken can’t? Quicken has never connected to TSP since being a quicken user for over 20 years. They wanted me to call tsp and see what can be done which is absurd. I said that they should call because I pay a subscription and I’m their customer. There are several million federal workers and military that have their 401k invested in TSP so why they can’t they make this a priority is puzzling. I did advise them that when mint shuts down at the end of the month and migrates to credit karma, that I will ask for a refund if CK can connect to TSP as CK evolves.

• Mollinmark
    Mollinmark Member ✭✭
    Options

Are you on Windows? Quicken for Mac could connect up until a couple months ago. In fact, I would say it still connects because it returns the correct TSP balance during the online setup. But then it doesn't carry over into the register.

• Hotwings
    Hotwings Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m a windows user. I’ve never been able to connect in over 20 years. I’m sure they can figure it out if someone would just pick up the phone and talk to their IT folks. So frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.