Transactions indiscriminately being deleted or added after downloading

Options
Laurie B
Laurie B Member ✭✭

Current version R52.28 Build 27.1.52.28 - Windows 10.

My problem has been happening for a couple of months, so I don't know after which update it started. After downloading transactions (BOA), I review every transaction before accepting, and then try to reconcile my account.

The account is way out of balance. Transactions that are already reconciled are disappearing / deleted, and transactions that have already been reconciled are being added as duplicates. These are never on the list of downloaded transactions to be reviewed.

I went through the process on 10/1/23 and what should have taken seconds to reconcile took me almost an hour - going back to find all of the error.

I just went through the process again (10/4/2023 - only two business days). The specifics for today are - seven (7) transactions dating back to August were deleted, and three (3) previously reconciled transactions, also dating back to August were duplicated.

Each time I download, I have to go back several statements and manually check day by day to see what corrections I need to make.

What is going on???

Thanks

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this account setup for syncing to the Quicken Cloud Account for use with QMobile or QWeb regardless if you use either of those two options?

If so, the only advice I can offer to to turn it off and don't use either of two "mobile" / non-Desktop Quicken interfaces.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Laurie B
    Laurie B Member ✭✭
    Options

No, all syncing is off. And I don't use any of Quicken's mobile apps.

• Laurie B
    Laurie B Member ✭✭
    Options

Update… I just went through the process of downloading transactions. There were two, but I skipped the review and accept process. I reconciled, and once again, a previously reconciled transaction was deleted. I reported this to quicken through the software, but haven't heard anything yet.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I reported this to quicken through the software, but haven't heard anything yet.

You won't. It is a one-way process, no response unless a support person specifically asked you to do the report.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Laurie B
    Laurie B Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for letting me know. I'll just do everything manually until the next update to see if they fixed this bug.

This discussion has been closed.