Matching one downloaded transaction to multiple scheduled transactions on Quicken for Mac

Options
PaisleyDuctTape
PaisleyDuctTape Member

I have a monthly bill for which autopay was disabled. By the time I was alerted to this, I needed to make up 3 payments all at once. As a result, I have three scheduled transactions in my register that I would like to match with the one manually paid transaction. How do you match multiple scheduled transactions with one downloaded transaction? I'm using Quicken for Mac Version 7.3.1.

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can't match multiple transactions to one downloaded transaction.

What I would do is mark the three scheduled transactions as paid. Delete two of them, and then match the remaining g one with the downloaded transaction with the correct amount. (If you want a record of what happened, instead of deleting the two transactions, you could set the Amount to zero and enter a note in the Memo field.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • PaisleyDuctTape
    PaisleyDuctTape Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you! I appreciate your solutions.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Another way to document this would be to split the remaining transaction and show each of the original transactions in three split lines, with a memo on each split line recording the original due date and any other relevant info. On the memo field of the top line, you could put something indicating it was a makeup payment.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can't match multiple transactions to one downloaded transaction.

What I would do is mark the three scheduled transactions as paid. Delete two of them, and then match the remaining g one with the downloaded transaction with the correct amount. (If you want a record of what happened, instead of deleting the two transactions, you could set the Amount to zero and enter a note in the Memo field.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • PaisleyDuctTape
    PaisleyDuctTape Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you! I appreciate your solutions.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Another way to document this would be to split the remaining transaction and show each of the original transactions in three split lines, with a memo on each split line recording the original due date and any other relevant info. On the memo field of the top line, you could put something indicating it was a makeup payment.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.