How to increase the Maximum Security referenced in Validate & Repair (edit)

Options
gabrousil
gabrousil Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Investing (Windows)

About a week ago, I started receiving an error on one of my Fidelity accounts. When I validate and repair, it shows Maximum security reference: 173, number of securities: 173. According to everything I've seen on the forum, some say the Maximum number is 255 and some say it's 2000, regardless, not close to the 173 that I have. How do I increase the Maximum number of Securities or what else can be done to correct the error?

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is not related to the maximum allowed, it is indicating that 173 of 173 passed some sort of test in the validation. I don't know what test, but it is not related to maximums.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

My understanding of the message is that your files has 173 securities identified in the file. Within your transactions there is no reference to any security beyond number 173; or number 173 is the maximum referred to in the transactions. That is good.

If the maximum reference was 1200 but you only had 173, that would indicate a problem.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is not related to the maximum allowed, it is indicating that 173 of 173 passed some sort of test in the validation. I don't know what test, but it is not related to maximums.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

My understanding of the message is that your files has 173 securities identified in the file. Within your transactions there is no reference to any security beyond number 173; or number 173 is the maximum referred to in the transactions. That is good.

If the maximum reference was 1200 but you only had 173, that would indicate a problem.

• gabrousil
    gabrousil Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks for the responses

This discussion has been closed.