Why don't my Schwab accounts show up?

Options
KellyLake
KellyLake Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I'm using quicken for Windows and trying to add my investing accounts. I've been through the steps many times (and keep hoping with each new product update that somehow it will be fixed). But the accounts never show up in my account list. (I use the "add account feature, sign in to Schwab, go back to Quicken, have the option to add it as a new account, but its never there.) Any tips?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think you're saying that after clicking on Add Account nothing happens? It's a dead end?

If that's the case then maybe try setting up a new "manual" Account, not specifying any financial institution. After that's done (close then re-open Quicken first) attempt to connect the Account to a financial institution (Set up Now..) and see if that works.

• KellyLake
    KellyLake Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your help here Tom. Unfortunately, I didn't work— but wondering if this is because my Quicken package doesn't support investment accounts? I'm using Quicken Classic Starter. When adding an account manually, it only gives the option for Checking/Savings or Credit Cards, I think…

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yup, Starter does not support investing accounts. If you set up investing accounts in a higher edition of Quicken and downgraded to Starter you can continue to use them, but you can't create new ones.

QWin Premier subscription
  • KellyLake
    KellyLake Member ✭✭
    Options

So helpful! Thanks—

This discussion has been closed.