Quicken Net Worth report is inaccurate

Options
mdcbk
mdcbk Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I'm using Quicken for Windows R52.28 and have been using Quicken for close to 30 years. I'm having an issue with reports, specifically the New Worth and Account Balances reports. The amount that displays for some of my brokerage accounts is incorrect, anywhere from hundreds to tens of thousand dollars higher than the actual amount in the account. In the customization menu for the report, in the Advanced tab, the Include Unrealized Gains box is checked, since I want to see market value for the dates/periods selected. If I drill down in the report for an account, there are dozens of entries for unrealized gains, with almost daily entries listed.

These unrealized gain entries do NOT display in the register for the account. Also, the total account amounts shown on the account sidebar of the main Quicken screen in correct (but doesn't match the report). I've also verified that the holdings and cash amounts listed in the register are correct.

I've looked all over for some setting to fix this. I've seen multiple posts on the same subject, but none had a resolution. Any suggestions on what could be going on?

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some reports, especially if they had been previously customized and saved, will not automatically capture new securities when they are added. I've observed this happen with the Net Worth report, myself. I do not use the Account Balances report very often so I cannot speak to that one but perhaps that has the same issue?

If you have not already already done so, open the report Customization popup and on the Securities tab click on Select All. You might want to check all the other tabs to make sure they are including everything they should be. Then close the Customization.

Did this resolve the issue?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.