Bill Reminder enhancement - Allow the number of years to be specified

Options

Currently "Yearly" reminders renew one year in the future. However, many subscriptions for magazines or software have 2 or 3 year terms. To support multi-year subscriptions, you need to be allowed to specify the number of years similar to days, weeks and months.

Note: As a work around, you can specify the renewal period in months. IE 24 months or 36 months. But it would be cleaner to allow the number of years to be specified.

Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That has been requested a long time ago, as part of this discussion:

As a workaround, until the programmers get this out of the planning stage, as you stated, one can specify a frequency of

Monthly, every 24 months for a 2-year frequency.

P.S. Be careful when switching a reminder's frequency back from Monthly to Yearly … you may end up with a Yearly frequency of greater than 1 year without it showing in the panel. The program does not appear to reset "every [xx]" to " every [1]".

• Teddy Ryan
    Options

Thanks UKR for your warning about switching from monthly to yearly. Looks like Quicken will never add the enhancement if it was originally requested in 2016.

Frankly, I use this bug to set subscriptions to 2 or 3 years. For example, to have a 3 year subscription reminder I first set it to 3 months and save. Then I change it to "Yearly". The "How Often" column in the "Manage Bills and Income" button report correctly does show "Every 3 years" and Quicken does properly set the next date as 3 years forward. I did not mention this in my original posting since you never know when Quicken will fix the bug!

In the interim I am using the bug as a workaround.

This discussion has been closed.