Lifetime Planner No Longer Works

Options
PetDr55
PetDr55 Member

When I try and edit my working assumptions in the retirement planner, I get a screen pop up that says navigation to the webpage was canceled. Without being able to enter any necessary changes, this feature is now useless. Is there some fix to this problem?

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Lifetime Planner uses Quicken's internal Web browser to display its entry forms, and sometimes the browser's cache gets corrupted.

Try exiting Quicken then deleting or renaming the C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Cache folder, then restarting.

A clean Cache folder is created if it is missing at startup

Please let us know if that fixes it for you

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Do you see the C:\ProgramData folder in Windows Explorer? It is normally hidden.

In Windows 11, you can make it visible by clicking on View at the top of the Explorer window then selecting Show and selecting Hidden items. Win 10 may be a little different.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Lifetime Planner uses Quicken's internal Web browser to display its entry forms, and sometimes the browser's cache gets corrupted.

Try exiting Quicken then deleting or renaming the C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Cache folder, then restarting.

A clean Cache folder is created if it is missing at startup

Please let us know if that fixes it for you

• PetDr55
    PetDr55 Member
    Options

So, first, thank you for your quick response. I could not find the folder you mentioned despite my exhaustive search. The only quicken folder I found was C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken but without a cache folder within. As a "test", I loaded quicken on my laptop and the lifetime planner worked without a hitch. So, it does looks like it is related to what you suggested. If only I could locate the problem files on my desktop…..

DT

• Jim_Harman
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Do you see the C:\ProgramData folder in Windows Explorer? It is normally hidden.

In Windows 11, you can make it visible by clicking on View at the top of the Explorer window then selecting Show and selecting Hidden items. Win 10 may be a little different.

• PetDr55
    PetDr55 Member
    Options

Jim: I found the folder and followed your instructions. Voila! Problem is solved. Thanks so much for your input. I am grateful……

Dana Taylor

• jmob1128a
    jmob1128a Member
    Options

I've renamed the Cache folder and it was recreated but no information is displayed still

This discussion has been closed.