Reports in Quicken Mac Deluxe 7.3.1

Options
Tom Auer
Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Reports (Mac)

Something has gone seriously wrong with reports in Quicken Mac Deluxe 7.3.1. A number of my custom reports either are not showing, or are showing with incorrect names.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm not seeing any change in my reports in 7.3.0 or 7.3.1. I haven't seen any other reports like yours yet here on the forum with this (or any other previous) update/

Are the reports missing/changed both when you pull down the Reports menu to My Reports, and if you click Reports in the top menu bar and select All Reports.

Can you try restoring a backup from a week or so ago before you updated to 7.3.1?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Tom Auer
    Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jacobs,

I see the same symptoms either when I look at Reports from the main toolbar, or when I choose Reports: My Reports. Sorry, I'm not feeling much inclination to try restoring from a backup. I do think this is a fairly narrow issue, related to saving and naming custom reports.

I use custom reports moderately aggressively, and much appreciate how they've helped me better understand my finances.

Tom

• Tom Auer
    Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After closer inspection I think I can narrow the issue: custom reports that have been saved with customized names have reverted to the generic names for the types of reports on which they are based. Thus, the reports are there, but have had their names changed to generic forms.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Out of curiosity, are these custom reports all based on one type of report — transaction, summary, comparison, other — or mixed types of reports?

Also, what names were they given upon renaming, since two reports can't have the same name. Is it like: Category Summary 2, Category Summary 3, Category Summary 4…? Does it let you rename these reports now, and does the custom name appear to stick?

I've checked my custom reports in both my live data file and in my test data files on two computers, and none of them have lost their custom names, so I'm still just poking around looking for clues what happened in your case. 😊

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Tom Auer
    Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Jacobs, I'll humor you, though I think your hobby might be getting a bit out of control! The reports have been renamed, respectively, Category Summary 2 and Category Summary 3. It appears that I am able to rename those reports. The bigger picture: I have two credit cards, and try to balance the amount that I am spending on each. I was surprised and irritated that the reports were spontaneously renamed.

This discussion has been closed.