A specific Question about Quicken for Mac to replace Quicken Business for Windows.

Options
Aminb121
Aminb121 Member
edited November 2023 in Reports (Mac)

I have been using Quicken for Windows, Specifically the Business Version for years and still produce my Income and Expenditure Statement and Balance Sheet the old fashioned way by creating a category report where I pick the categories which go into the I&E and Balance Sheet Reports. I do not have the need for a P&L as I do not use the accrual method of accounting. Has Quicken for Mac caught up to be able to perform the above? If so I would transition to Quicken for Mac rather than Use Quicken for Windows using a Windows emulator such as Parallels.

Appreciate any learned opinions and thanks in advance.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

In Quicken Mac, you can create a Category report, which is basically a P&L report. You can select which categories to include if you don't want them all. You can also create a Net Worth report, which is basically a balance sheet.

If you have a current subscription you're using for Quicken Windows, and a Mac, you can download Quicken Mac and try it to see if it will meet your needs. Quicken Mac doesn't yet have the features in the Quicken Windows Business version, although the developers have announced they are working on developing a business version of Quicken Mac.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.