Ex-dividend entry

Options
Leslie Lewis
Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I sold a stock in mid August 2023. I received a dividend for that stock on September 1 2023. How do I record this dividend

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just enter it as a dividend it doesn't matter that you didn't have it when the dividend was

• Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, I could not enter it as as "Income" because when I entered the amount, the stock was not listed on the drop-down box. I finally entered it as a deposit, chosing "_DivInc" as the category and the stock as the payee.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That should work, but I'm curious how you tried to enter it before. It should be:

Action: Div

Security: Pick the stock from the dropdown

Inv Amt: Amount of the dividend

Did you pick a different action than "Div"? Also, are you entering this in an investment account or are you depositing a check that you received into a bank account?

• Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    Options

It's from my investment account monthly report. I didn't try anything but "Div" as I do for all other dividends.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you hide the stock or something after selling it? Go to Tools > Security List, find the security, and make sure the Hide box is not checked.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    Options

No. I happy with the solution I described above. Thanks everyone for your assistance/

This discussion has been closed.