customize reports

Options
LenO
LenO Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Reports (Windows)

is it possible to create a report with the months across the top columns and the categories along the left side?

Category Month 1, Month2, Month 3, etc

A 50.00 20.00

B 100.00 100.00 100.00

C 70.00 25.00 15.00

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

In Quicken, a Category is like Groceries or Salary.

Your Column A does not look like Quicken Categories or subcategories, it looks like Payees.

Which do you want?

For a report like your example, you could run the Spending by Payee report, set the date range as desired, and set the Column to Month. Click on the gear at the top right to customize the report and on the Category tab, pick Groceries or whatever. That will show all your grocery expenses with a column for each month and a row for each store.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you taken a look at "Income and Expense By Category"? It does exactly that.

• LenO
    LenO Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, i looked at it, that is not what I am looking for, I am looking to see my list of categories displayed down the left column (A) and their associated expense amounts by month going across columns B-M . What the income and expense category does is Combines Prior year Jan- Dec 2022 to current YTD amounts

That doesn't do what I want.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Huh? That is not what I am seeing. If I run the report for a period of 1/1/22 up to today I see one column for each month:

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can also use Spending by Category and choose Month from the Column dropdown. It produces pretty much the same report except it doesn't show income by default.

• LenO
    LenO Member ✭✭
    Options

I saw that, but it still doesn't do what i need. Picture a spreadsheet where

Column A is a specific category Sub categories and B-M are each individual months.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

In Quicken, a Category is like Groceries or Salary.

Your Column A does not look like Quicken Categories or subcategories, it looks like Payees.

Which do you want?

For a report like your example, you could run the Spending by Payee report, set the date range as desired, and set the Column to Month. Click on the gear at the top right to customize the report and on the Category tab, pick Groceries or whatever. That will show all your grocery expenses with a column for each month and a row for each store.

QWin Premier subscription
  • LenO
    LenO Member ✭✭
    Options

Jim,

That was perfect, exactly what i needed.

This discussion has been closed.