Errors with security quotes after market close

Options
bookemdanno
bookemdanno Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Hi, for the past couple days, I've been finding that many securities are downloading incorrect quotes - after market close. The quotes could be wrong for the current day as well as the prior day. Sometimes there is no high or low in the "edit price history" in the "security detail view". See the attached example for IVV. The close price is wrong for today (10/11) and for 10/10. 10/10 is also missing high and low. There are other similarly affected securities.

This happened a couple days ago and has also happened periodically for a year or two.

I'm using Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows (10) R52.28.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are all the affected securities ETFs? There have been a variety of problems with ETF quotes over the past few weeks.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The ones missing high and low come from the downloaded data from the financial institution.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bookemdanno
    bookemdanno Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, they are all ETFs. I found the other post (after including "ETF" in the my search). Same issue - though I have seen this periodically over the years. Anyway, hopefully they fix it soon.

• shifter
    shifter Member ✭✭
    Options

This started happening recently, like a month or so ago and is really annoying.

You can tell as the previous day price/volume is the same as the current and the only fix is to delete the previous day and redownload the price, which is extremely tedious.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@shifter I note again, these two prices are coming from two different sources. The one on 10/16/2023 with the missing high and low is coming from the download from your financial institution, and the one on the 10/17/2023 is downloaded from the third-party quote service. I'm guessing you have the one from your financial institution because the one from the third-party service didn't download.

As it turns out I'm holding the same security VTI, but with Chase and here is my price history:

So, unlike you I did get a price for 10/16/2023 from the third-party quote service, but the volume is certainly wrong.

Signature:
  • shifter
    shifter Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Chris_QPW, the prices are downloaded by pressing the update button on the quicken portfolio tab. They come from quicken without me updating the account by entering any password.

Wherever quicken sources those quotes that's where they come from.

Also this happens a few hours after markets close.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hmm @shifter , I almost never update through the Update on the Investing tab. That certainly does seem change things.

It looks like @q_lurker in the other thread has done a good job on tracking down where the problem is coming from, but I will point out one thing that didn't seem right that was mentioned in that thread. When you use One Step Update unless you have disabled it, Quicken not only gets the quotes from the financial institution, but it also gets them from the third-party service, and when it gets both the third-party service quotes win because they are done after the importing of the prices from the financial institution.

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.