How To Disable the Alert "Transaction Recorded" that Pops Up After Every Entry

Options
BWV
BWV Member ✭✭

How do I Disable the Alert "Transaction Recorded" that Pops Up After Every Entry, thank you.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2023
    Options

I don't think there's any way to turn off that particular notification, you can only turn off all Quicken notifications. Go into System Settings > Notifications and look for Quicken.

• BWV
    BWV Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you. I too have them all turned off. I turned them on then off again but the alert still comes up. Do I need to restart?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

How about that… I had no idea there was such a notification! I've never, ever seen one. I enter all my transactions manually, so that would drive me crazy. But I just checked my System Settings > Notifications, and Quicken is set to Off, so I guess that's what controls it.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BWV
    BWV Member ✭✭
    Options

It still is not solving my problem. The notifications weren't there until I reset my icloud settings to sync data on a new mac this morning.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have the opposite problem - I can't get them to show up even after turning them on. There must be another setting somewhere affecting this, but I don't know what it is.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@BWV Out of curiosity, could you post a screenshot of what one of these notifications looks like? I've never seen one or even heard anyone mention that they exist. I'm trying to understand if this is some notification via the Mac operating system, or a dialog which Quicken pops up. For instance, when you DELETE a transaction (or batch of transactions), Quicken pops up a dialog box to ask you to confirm that you want to delete. But this is something different, which appears when entering a transaction?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.