Report by Primary Use

Options
ChuckandRonda Churchill
ChuckandRonda Churchill Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Reports (Windows)

When you look at the Account List, the Account List is organized by "Primary Use". Examples: Spending, Savings, Credit, Investment (non-tax deferred), Retirement (tax-deferred), etc. I am trying to generate Net Worth reports organized by these Primary Use categories. Is there a way to do this? It would seem as if Quicken has these categories by default, we should be able to run reports against them. In my prior post. Rocket J. Squirrel had a suggestion. However, it does not work. You can customize the Net Worth report. yes. And when you go under the Accounts Tab you see "Investing" accounts, and under that you can select which Investment (non-tax deferred) and Retirement (tax-deferred) accounts to include. But the Net Worth report then rolls all these under an Investments heading. The report does not keep separate sections for Investment (non-tax deferred) via Retirement (tax-deferred). Hence, understanding how much you have in either is still manual. Seems odd I cannot create or customize a report using this Primary Use field. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think Primary Use is what Quicken would call Account Intent.

There is a Home tab panel called All Accounts that subtotals by Account Intent but I do not see a way to print or export it.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.