One Step Update not working

Options
hpaziii
hpaziii Member ✭✭

Since yesterday One Step Update has not worked for me. Takes a long time and then Quicken crashes. I had tried multiple times, turn off computer, tried to sync one financial instituion at a time. Nothing works. I got a cloud sync error.

Comments

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Seeing the same problem, also after getting the latest update.

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Also…seeing the problem on all attempts to update. Not just the "one step". Trying to update individual accounts also causes the application to just hang.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @k_man81,

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja - I'll keep waiting…but so far looks like that made no difference :(

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did end up getting an "Out of Memory" error after waiting about 7 minutes for the update to finish

• Greshan
    Greshan Member
    Options

I am unable to update accounts since last Quicken update. Update gets stuck in update mode i.e. spinning wheel of death. I have to use task manager to close out quicken. I've tried to reset the online access to each account without success.

• hpaziii
    hpaziii Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Quicken Anja - I followed your instructions and had no luck. I restored my last backup file before the problem started, and Quicken opened fine. And everything looked good until a window popped up and asked if I wanted to sync that file or look at the data on that file. I decided to sync, and it has now been about 10 minutes, and it continues to sync, but I am not sure if it is actually synching or frozen. Finally, it stopped, and I got the following Cloud Sync Error, which happened to be the same error I got the first time back on Sunday, "Import Transactions failed, internal sync error. Please try again later."

• hpaziii
    hpaziii Member ✭✭
    Options

Update. I got on the phone with Quicken Customer Support. After identifying the problem, Freddy had me uninstall Quicken but from the Microsoft App or Remove Programs app. Then, I downloaded Quicken again from the website and installed it. Everything was fine after that.

I hope this helps you all.

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did the full uninstall (keep erroring during uninstall, so had to manually remove), and reinstall (reinstall had errors, took a few times).

But, now it's just crashing during the One-Step Update… :(

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I will say, at least individually updating accounts seems to be working (for about 80%)

• hpaziii
    hpaziii Member ✭✭
    Options

I had to reset a few accounts but it worked after that, minus one of my banks That I had to do web download

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

One Step Update worked just fine for me today - with no changes from when it didn't work.

All of this makes me just suspect a server-side issue. I wish there was an easy way to see the status of services to just know if there's a known problem happening. (would also help if the application better handled these server side issues that seem to happen on the regular)

• Millager
    Millager Member
    Options

One Step stopped working for me earlier this week. I contacted Quicken via Chat. After troubleshooting for about 20 minutes we finally uninstalled the program and reinstalled. One Step still not working. Technician indicated Quicken was having problem and I'd have to wait until fixed. For a large company, seems like a week is way too long to wait for a FIX.

• IanTheRed
    IanTheRed Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I've been having this problem since at least Wednesday (likely longer). OSA for all accounts or single account (I've tried several individually) hangs at "processing data." I've waited upwards of 20 minutes without and progress.

I've disabled cloud sync. I've reinstalled the software. I've signed out and back in. Nothing seems to work.

Every now and then I get a quick pop up window, but it quickly freezes without the content showing. There is a button at bottom to "Enable Sync", but I can't clock it because the program is unresponsive.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had very slow/unresponsive Quicken for the last 2 days. For me it started when I started getting MS system updates which prompted other software updates (mostly browsers, MS Office and anti-malware programs).

Last night I opened Task Manager to see what might be dragging down my Quicken performance and noticed that my browser (Firefox) was consuming about 70% of my system's memory and about 80% of my system's CPU capacity. I also notice that my system was not allocating any CPU to Quicken and the amount of memory allocated to Quicken was not changing.

Switching my browser defaults to MS Edge and Chrome did not produce any significant performance improvement.

I then switched my default browser back to Firefox and started disabling the add-ons one-by-one. Two add-on changes resulted in instant improvement in my system's and Quicken's performance:

1. Entirely Disabled AdBlocker Ultimate.
    2. Went to a webpage that was running terribly slowly (a medical portal website) and changed Malwarebytes Browser Guard to allow Ads and Trackers for that website.

Bingo! It was like a light switch turned on and my entire system, most notably with Firefox and Quicken, ran quickly once, again.

Maybe others might want to review Task Manager Processes further while trying to run Quicken to see what might be causing conflict with it. Maybe it is a browser and/or add-ons issue?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• Jesse Simpson
    Jesse Simpson Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken will not get out of update, so I am unable to try these steps to remove and reinsall. Is it okay to shut down computer to stop the update? Then see if I can get into Quicken to try these steps?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@k_man81 - Do Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open Task Manager. This should work even though your Quicken is hanging. Then click on Quicken there followed by clicking on "End task". That will force close Quicken and you can then close Task Manager.

Then open Quicken and try doing what @Quicken Anja suggested.

• hpaziii
    hpaziii Member ✭✭
    Options

did that many times and didn’t work.

• Jesse Simpson
    Jesse Simpson Member ✭✭
    Options

I ended up just shutting off the computer.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Usually shutting down an application in Task Manager works well. When it doesn't, shutting down the computer via Power > Shut down or holding down the power button until the computer shuts down might be necessary.

Then boot up your computer and try doing what @Quicken Anja suggested.

• hpaziii
    hpaziii Member ✭✭
    Options

Once again, Quicken is at it again!!! One-step update hangs forever and doesn't update accounts. I have to use Task Manager to shut it down. I will completely uninstall it and re-install it and see what happens.

• hpaziii
    hpaziii Member ✭✭
    Options

I did the full uninstall and re-install and tried One Step Update, and it seems that did not solve the problem. It hung on One Step Update with the circle going around but no update for at least 10 minutes. When will Quicken solve their server issues and get them fully functional without experiencing so many non-connecting times for days at a time!!!!

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@hpaziii - Where is your data file saved and being run from? If it is on a Cloud storage site, such as One Drive or Drop Box, move that file to your hard drive and run it from your hard drive.

• enirevets
    enirevets Member ✭✭
    Options

My last successful update was 10-17-23. Since then I have run into multiple issues; one of them seems to be the recent OneDrive issue, but I have switched to saving & retrieving to/from my local c:\, and still no luck at all since 10-23. (On that day, One-Step Update seemed to run, but afterwards it reported 0 new transactions in multiple accounts - including my primary checking account and several others which DID actually have activity (per the bank websites).)

Most recent error is "Quicken’s Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes, then try again", which I have gotten twice in the last few days, before this evening; and which I just got again a few minutes ago.

Very frustrating.

• hpaziii
    hpaziii Member ✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac I tried your recommendation and had no luck. The problem is not my system or anybody's system. The problem is Quicken! So many of us can't have that same problem, which will be our computers—no chance of such a coincidence.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@hpaziii - I'm sorry to hear that it did not work for you. This issue, IMHO, appears to be a common symptom for possibly many different causes. The fact of the matter is that most users are not experiencing this issue. That raises the question of what is different for some people that it is an issue while for others it is not?

On 10/17 you had posted that uninstalling Quicken and then downloading and installing a fresh copy of the software resolved the issue. A few others in different threads said that fixed the issue for them, too. So, what changed that you are now, again, having this issue?

I'd posted on 10/20 that after disabling the AdBlocker Ultimate add-on in my browser this issue for me went away and it has not returned.

Others have posted in other threads that moving their data file from OneDrive to their hard drive resolved the issue.

But while doing these things have helped some there are others who have said that these things did not help them.

To me it just seems that there are potentially multiple causes. A Quicken issue? Possibly. But just as possible is something to do with how user's systems are set up that might be conflicting in some way with Quicken.

There is nothing I can do to fix any issue(s) Quicken might have. What I can do and what I am attempting to do is to communicate in this forum regarding what some people have reported as fixing the issue for them. Hopefully it will help at least some.

• hpaziii
    hpaziii Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you very much @Boatnmaniac for your help and information. I am still having trouble. I just found out the following in the main page of the forums.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Yes, this Alert points back to or is similar to the question and action I'd suggested earlier: If your main data file is either being saved in a Cloud storage site (such as OneDrive) or is in a folder on your hard drive that is being sync with a Cloud storage site, try moving it to a folder that is not connected at all with that Cloud storage site. Some others have posted that this resolved similar Quicken performance issues for them.

• hpaziii
    hpaziii Member ✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac I have tried everything. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or what, but nothing works. I guess my only hope is a solution by Quicken to this issue soon. 😒

• gtgarrison
    gtgarrison Member ✭✭
    Options

I posted a similar issue here.

Some of my online accounts with banks and credit unions will update with One Step Update, USAA will not.

This discussion has been closed.