Amount in Account Bar does not equal the account balance

Options
John Holzbach
John Holzbach Member ✭✭

This is not a matter of selecting Current Balance vs. Ending Balance in the account bar setting. in One of my checking accounts, it is constantly off be $450. The account has been reconciled. I've been living with this discrepancy for many months as it isn't that significant.

However now one of my IRA accounts is off by a huge amount. The Account Bar says $305,000, while the real balance is 55,000, per the account register (reconciled). How can I get the account bar amount to be reset to be equal to the real (current and ending) balance of 55,000?

I have Quicken Classic Premier for Windows, Ver R52.28, Build 27.1.52.28

Tagged:

Answers

• John Holzbach
    John Holzbach Member ✭✭
    Options

I solved the larger account discrepancy. The smaller $450 variance still remains.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you reviewed that account's Opening Balance transaction?
    Does this transaction amount match the bank's statement balance on that Date?
    There is / was a bug in Quicken which erroneously recalculated and adjusted the Opening Balance amount when it shouldn't have. So you need to review and, if necessary adjust the amount to make your account register reconcile correctly again.
    For reference, also type the (corrected) amount of the OB transaction into its Memo field. If the transaction amount ever differs from the amount shown in Memo, the bug reared its ugly head again and you need to correct the transaction amount again.

• John Holzbach
    John Holzbach Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your thoughtful response. But I don't think we have a solution. The account is reconciled. If I changed the opening balance, which was, and still is the correct transaction, then the account would no longer be reconciled. Any other ideas?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would try running Validate and Repair.

File → Validate and Repair File … → select Validate File → OK

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.