Online Services in the UK

Options
MrStardust50
MrStardust50 Member ✭✭

Use Quicken Deluxe 2013 (R 12 (22.1.12.7).

I purchased this product in the USA, when I was living there. However, when I returned to UK I could no longer use the Online Services because of the inability to contact the servers.

This means that I am unable to neither close my US accounts nor deactivate the Online Services for my US accounts. If I attempt to do that, it just hangs - see attached.

Can anything be done to get around this?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

QW2013 has been unable to do anything relating to online features since Spring of 2016 when it was sunsetted for online features. After that date, it was strictly a manual entry process and there is nothing at Quicken to "answer the phone" for QW2013.

I believe the only way to resolve your issue would be to create a new account in the existing data file, move the contents of the existing (old) account to the new account and then delete the old account. You would need to do it for each account that you are having this issue with.

See this FAQ on moving transactions from one account to another:

As always, MAKE A BACKUP FIRST.

Also, this only works for non-investment accounts.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried taking your desktop / laptop completely offline before starting Quicken (unplug the Ethernet cable AND disable WiFi)?
    This might get you around the attempt to access the Internet while trying to deactivate the account … I hope …

• MrStardust50
    MrStardust50 Member ✭✭
    Options

"delete the old account" - Unfortunately, after moving and deleting the transactions to a new account, Quicken does not allow me to delete the old account because I cannot use the Online Services.

There is literally nothing I can do with this old account now.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the account balance is not 0.00 then enter an Adjustment transaction and set the balance to 0.00
    Any remaining transaction in this account need to be marked "R"(reconciled) in the Clr column.
    Rename the account register to something like, e.g., "~Old Checking" with either a "~"(tilde) or "zz-" prefix. This will sort alphabetically selected account or category lists with this account appearing at the bottom of the list. The ~ or zz- eye catcher will make it less likely for you to select the old account by mistake.
    Mark the account as hidden and/or Separate to keep it out of the Account Sidebar

• MrStardust50
    MrStardust50 Member ✭✭
    Options

The account balance has been 0.00.

I have the account Hidden and/or Separated years ago.

I would just like it CLOSED. I am just amazed that Intuit/Quicken cannot do that.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The old Q 2013 program code hasn't been updated in many years and nobody is going to fix any newly discovered problems. There have been bugs in older versions with attempting to mark account registers closed while Quicken was unable to contact the bank server.

For as long as you're on Q 2013 on this computer, using this data file … I would say, grin and ignore it.

This discussion has been closed.