Entering a Payee (Q Mac)

Options
oshkoshuser
oshkoshuser Member

I am new to this forum but not new to Quicken. I have been using the product since before the time in which you could link your accounts with your banks etc. These new features sound great but I do not wish to use them. I prefer to just use the product as a bookkeeping tool and develop reports etc. After a recent software update I noticed that I can no longer just enter a new payee in the payee field in an account using a space between the words. A conversation with tech support tells me that I now need to go to the window tab, payees and create a new payee and then go back to the account and start to type the new payee name and then select from a drop down menu. All this for a payee I may never use again. Does this bother anyone else or does anyone else have a work around this issue?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

A conversation with tech support tells me that I now need to go to the window tab, payees and create a new payee and then go back to the account and start to type the new payee name and then select from a drop down menu.

@oshkoshuser That's totally, completely untrue! That may have been the Support representative's way of giving you a working solution around the problem you were experiencing, but it's definitely not the way Quicken Mac is built to work.

I've read about the "no spaces accepted in a Payee name" problem a few times before, and I believe the answer turned out to be a macOS setting. Try this: go to System Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard, and see if "Full Keyboard Access" is checked; if it is, uncheck it and I believe it will solve your problem of not allowing spaces in Payee names.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

A conversation with tech support tells me that I now need to go to the window tab, payees and create a new payee and then go back to the account and start to type the new payee name and then select from a drop down menu.

@oshkoshuser That's totally, completely untrue! That may have been the Support representative's way of giving you a working solution around the problem you were experiencing, but it's definitely not the way Quicken Mac is built to work.

I've read about the "no spaces accepted in a Payee name" problem a few times before, and I believe the answer turned out to be a macOS setting. Try this: go to System Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard, and see if "Full Keyboard Access" is checked; if it is, uncheck it and I believe it will solve your problem of not allowing spaces in Payee names.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • oshkoshuser
    Options

@jacobs Oh my gosh, you are a life saver! That absolutely worked. Very grateful for your response.

This discussion has been closed.