Issue with Focus USBank card account add

Options
Esvcasm
Esvcasm Member

I've been unsuccessfully trying to add the Focus debit card from US Bank

I go to the "Add Account" section, select "Focus USBank" and enter my login details without problem, but… Right after entering the login details the next page shown is the one where I have to enter the one-time-code that should be sent to my mobile phone. However I never receive the code.

I know login details are correct (if I enter a wrong username or password I get a credential error right away), and I know the messages do reach my phone, because I do receive the one-time-code when I try to login on my browser.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

US Bank is notoriously BAD with their connections to Q … especially when using Express Web Connect, which is the only option here.

Do you have another number, perhaps a landline, that you can try?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Esvcasm
    Esvcasm Member
    Options

The issue is not the line. I can't use a landline because I need to receive the text message with the code. I do get the code without problems when I log in through the website, so I know the phone, the phone number, and the USBank site are not the problem. The problem is that Quicken is not triggering/requesting the text message to be sent from USBank when trying to add the account.

I can never add the account because, after the username and password are successfully verified by USBank through Quicken, the text message is never requested by Quicken and I'm stuck on the screen that asks for me to enter the one-time-code… which never arrives.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How can you be sure that USB is sending the code when USB screws up almost all connections that use Express Web Connect?

• Esvcasm
    Esvcasm Member
    Options

I know it's not USBank, because USBank send the code every single time without fail when I attempt to log in through the website. However, it always fails to send the code when I try to add the account to Quicken.

I've been trying for four days… every single time I log in to my account through the browser it works perfectly and I get the text message and I can log in. When I do it through Quicken (with the "add account" functionality), quicken gets to the screen where I have to enter the SMS code that Quicken supposedly requested, but it never arrives. It worked fine when adding accounts from Chase, Paypal, and Venmo, but the text message with the one-time code from US Bank never arrives.

So, either it's the most impressive coincidence in the history of the universe, or there is something failing when Quicken is the one that requests the code to add the account, because I always get the code without fail when requesting it to log in through the browser.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Call Q Support

This discussion has been closed.