Quicken R52.33 Corrupts Data File

Options
AlexisoftheShire
AlexisoftheShire Member ✭✭✭

Just updated to R52.33. Quicken update did create a backup prior to updating its program. However, when he relaunched itself and tried to open my data file it tried to validate the file, said validation was complete, and in trying to open the file stated the file was corrupted and couldn't open it.

I restored my data file from the backup Quicken took prior to it updating itself and the file opened. This was my experience with the R52.33 update. FYI.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure if you let Quicken update because it offered it when you started Quicken or if you manually downloaded the patch, but as a rule of thumb, I NEVER accept Quicken's offer. I go to https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows, download the patch and then run it. I also wait a few days after it is available to see if it is causing wide spread havoc.

I also make my own independent backup before applying any patch so that I know for sure that I have a backup to return to if all does not go well.

So far, I have not been bitten using this process.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jimacarr
    jimacarr Member
    Options

I experienced the exact same problem after updating to R52.33 but the backup Quicken had taken prior to the upgrade also became corrupted when I "accepted" a number of pending transactions. I had to perform a manual restore from a backup I had taken myself a week before. Lost a week's worth of input. :(

This discussion has been closed.