Renamed Quicken Accounts Revert To Bank's Default Names

Options

If I right click on an account and choose to "Edit/Delete" the account, then rename it, after downloads, the names ALL revert back to financial institutions "default" names. Happens with ALL my accounts and credit cards - multiple banks and accounts all do the same. Why waste my time renaming accounts if the names "stick" only till the next connected account update? We NEED to use descriptive account names. Without them, if many accounts (I have over 25), its simply too much work to check which account I am actually working on. Example: with over a ten accounts at Chase Bank alone, its impossible to remember if account "xx9438" is my Chase personal checking account or my Chase trust account, or my Chase charitable account, or my…. you get the picture, yes?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have seen this on the Quicken Windows side. What is happening is that for some reason the Quicken Cloud dataset doesn't get the message about the name changes and on the next sync to Mobile/Web the names it has get pushed back into the Desktop data file.

As it remembers the fix is to reset the Quicken Cloud dataset/account and then do the rename again.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • tmk40126
    tmk40126 Member
    Options

I have had Mobile & Web Sync turned off since creating this dataset. I thought all operations were now local to my {PC?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, then maybe I'm wrong about that being the cause of the problem in this case, but I would still try it and see. And I will say one thing about turning off Mobile & Web Sync, that doesn't mean everything is only done on your computer, the Quicken Cloud dataset is use for a ton of things. And in fact, if you are using Quicken Connect then "sync" is being used in the very same way the Mobile & Web Sync is used with the exception only being that they block Mobile & Web from accessing the data that is being stored in the Quicken Cloud dataset.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you go to the bank websites and assign "nicknames" to the accounts? Might be worth a try.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.