Why did my bank balances drop? When I am loaded my phone quicken app.

Options
ralphhere
ralphhere Member ✭✭

Everything was fine on my windows desktop quicken until I loaded quicken on my Android phone. The next time I logged in to quicken on the desktop the bank balance had dropped 37000 dollars. It also dropped that amount on the mobile app, but they don't match. Why did this happen? How do I fix it This happened a few months ago and we stopped using quick and on our phones.

Answers

• ralphhere
    ralphhere Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed-Duplicate]

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

could be lots of issues once you ENABLE SYNC… Would suggest turning it OFF until we understand any problems created.

take a look at your Beginning Balance - to see if it was changed …

also - requested your dup posting be deleted

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• AlexisoftheShire
    AlexisoftheShire Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The Android Quicken Mobile app lacks database integrity with the desktop data file. It has for years and corrupts the desktop data file. See the reviews on the Google Play Store. I've tried it over the years and it still corrupts the data file. Unfortunately, the Quicken mobile app developers don't know how to code data synchronization correctly. You are probably best to restore to a backup for your desktop data file and delete the mobile app. This same issue goes for the Quicken web app. It also lacks data integrity capabilities.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Just to clarify a few things. The mobile and web apps don't have databases per se. They are mostly just GUI applications that get their data from the Quicken Connection/Cloud Service and its associated Quicken Cloud dataset.

The "syncing" is between that and the Quicken Desktop application/data file. And given that there aren't similar corruption reports like there are for Quicken Windows Desktop on Quicken Mac Desktop one has to assume it is because the Quicken Developers can't figure out how to properly do the syncing to the much older code base of Quicken Windows.

You can get a feel for the data/connection flow from this comment I made recently:

As for the original post, this is a duplicate, and I believe the next steps were already stated by a SuperUser in that thread, so I won't repeat them here.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.