Quicken reconciliation at least with American Express is broken (Q Mac)

Options
jaubin95
jaubin95 Member ✭✭

the last couple of months reconciling with quicken creates, for me $10,xxx reconciliation adjustment entries that are unnecessary, incorrect, and plain wrong. I can’t seem to get rid of them, and it recreates them whenever I try to automatically reconcile. I think I’m goin to try to not do auto reconcile. A real PITA.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@jaubin95

Without seeing your data, it's almost impossible to help troubleshoot. I can only note that there don't appear to have been any changes in the reconciliation part of the Quicken ac code for quite some time, and that other users are not reporting the same problem you're describing. That leads me to think there's something in your data which is causing these large adjustment entries which shouldn't be necessary. I would definitely suggest going back in time a bit — to before this started happening — to do monthly reconciliations to your Amex statement. It should then be relatively easy to spot any discrepancy between a list of transactions on a statement and a list of transactions in the Quicken reconcile window.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.