A Classic crash 2 days in a row

Options
Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

QWin R52.33 has now crashed 2 days in a row for me in exactly the same way. It crashes during the EWC+ section of OSU. This never happened prior to R52.33. I did Report a Problem.

Is this a known issue?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Comments

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, the usual advice…restart your computer and try again. If that fails, Reset those accounts that are failing. If that fails, deactivate and reactivate those accounts that are failing. If that fails, try restoring a backup data file and see if that works.

I'm not experiencing any issues with OSU.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Also seeing crashes near the end of EWC OSU. Often if direct connect accounts have downloaded transactions, their red flags will post in the Account Bar and then Quicken crashes.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

The "usual advice" does not apply to an application crash. An application should never crash regardless of the user's data.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I can crash this update on demand by attempting to add CITI as an online biller. Crashes in .net. Falls on deaf ears.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

What seems to have worked for me is to sign out and back in with my Quicken ID.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have also seen this and mentioned it in one thread. But I don't normally use Quicken Bill Manager it was just a test a few days ago to see where it was as far as reliability goes because someone asked about it.

Actually, from what I have seen on here it "does". I agree it shouldn't, but let's face it, most of the time the goal here isn't to actually get things fixed but just to work around the problems.

EDIT: P.S. Now that you have found a workaround, unless someone else (or many someone elses) report it, it will certainly be ignored.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

Well, this same crash happened again today. So I guess my workaround didn't work.

• 2cornot2c
    Options

My build R52.33 freezes after opening the program. Sometimes it's after trying to use any functions, but sometimes it opens and appears to be operating, but no functions work, and the program is totally unresponsive; the only was to close is through task manager

This discussion has been closed.