Unable to reactivate online transaction updates following pw change at Coastal Federal Credit Union

Options
2»

Comments

• Son of Elvis
    Son of Elvis Member ✭✭
    Options

When trying to connect to CFCU I go quite far in the process until I get a screen that says that Quicken can't connect and gives two options: 1. TRY AGAIN or 2. START OVER

When will this be fixed?

• Son of Elvis
    Son of Elvis Member ✭✭
    Options

Saturday.

I sent the documentation for the problem via Quicken Chat and received the following reply:

I was checking we have to escalate that issue but, the escalation team doesn't work weekends just from Monday to Friday so, you'll need to contact us back.

I will check back on a weekday.

• bacastelli
    bacastelli Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I've given up on Quicken supporting Coastal FCU. I switched to [Removed - 3rd Party Software]. It's not nearly as sophisticated, and, frankly, it's a little clunky. I feel like I'm going back to a UI designed in 1995. But it does download my transactions from Coastal. (It uses a 3rd-party connection service that seems to connect to CFCU just fine…) [Removed - 3rd Party Software] supports recurring transactions, a running checkbook register, and has a few nice options that I wish Quicken had - such as the ability to mark downloaded transactions that are not matched to be "approved" before entered into the checkbook register. I have only tried checking. [Removed - No Soliciting]. I chose to reset my [Removed - 3rd Party Software] account and start from scratch. It's been tedious to have Quicken open on one screen and [Removed - 3rd Party Software] open on another to make sure I have covered all the recurring transactions. The convenience of having automatic transaction updates outweighs the downsides.

• rjlawlerjr
    rjlawlerjr Member ✭✭
    Options

That is just sad. Are all CFCU patrons to leave Quicken as well?

Quicken blames Coastal… and Coastal blames Quicken. And we are all just caught in the middle.

Quicken, can you not step up and own the fix? Coordinate with your "supported" banks and get this resolved.

• dwvaughn
    dwvaughn Member ✭✭
    Options

Based on entries from different users in this community, we know of several other financial software products that work just fine with the new Coastal website. So the people at Quicken are not being honest with us or they just don't know what to do. At least we have other options if Quicken isn't serious about having a product that works.

• pharvin
    pharvin Member
    Options

This issue is ongoing and not fixed as of December 27, 2023.

• jclarke
    jclarke Member
    Options

11 weeks…

• Tom Scanlan
    Tom Scanlan Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Coastal says the issue is resolved. When I try to reconnect, I get error "Care Code: FDP-101". Am now on hold with quicken support…

• BoaHancock79
    BoaHancock79 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

NOT working again today :-(

• keybordz
    keybordz Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to successfully add and link to all of my Coastal accounts yesterday…so it seems to finally be resolved in this instance.

• Bob Gabor
    Bob Gabor Member ✭✭
    Options

Broken again as of this afternoon. FDP-101 with details of java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.util.List.

• rjlawlerjr
    rjlawlerjr Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree, things have been back to normal lately these past few days (transactions all downloading). I haven't tried today though. Sigh.

• rjlawlerjr
    rjlawlerjr Member ✭✭
    Options

Nope. Things are broken for me again today. I get a CC-601 | 6 accounts. We cannot find an account with non-zero balance or with any transaction in the last 12 months. Please check on you FI website and try again. Things were working for me this past week.

And resetting the account yields the old "Failure (but it's not your fault)" message.

This is absolutely maddening. I don't care who's fault it is, CFCU and Quicken are both handling this poorly. They should be ashamed.

• Olderman
    Olderman Member
    Options

While we should not care who is at fault, it is for me, becoming clear that Quicken/Intuit is the problem. Although Quicken has been spun off from intuit, Quicken remains dependent of Intuit for all Quicken updates. (Intuit also owns the servers.) Unlike the big banks and financial institutions, the CFCU is small potatoes and one could surmise that therefore a very low priority.

Given that, screen scaping should be unnecessary. The CFCU already provides defined data formats via an excel spreadsheet or QFX format for member downloads. These formats are not dependent of user interfaces. Intuit could use bots to access and process either of these formats. Any changes would be trivial.

• gcmobley
    gcmobley Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    Options

Hi, as of last weekend (20 Jan 2024) I was finally able to re-setup quicken accounts linked to CFCU and download the transactions automatically. I did have to remove the old online linkages for each account first and then establish new links mapping to the correct CFCU ←→ Quicken accounts. On the Quicken side, I noticed the online account numbers looked like gibberish which prompted the remove/recreate. While that is a PITA!!! - it's better than nothing working. I waited for a week to report in here on the the stability. So far, each time I've requested an online SYNC to CFCU, the process has completed successfully. This might finally be fixed and working again! YMMV.

• benduncan21
    benduncan21 Member ✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

It's February 2024, I left Quicken more than 6 months ago, due to synching issues with Coastal FCU, Budget issues, and others. I have tried many other financial apps (each with their own set of pros and cons). I had settled on using [Removed - 3rd Party Software] (doesn't have nearly all of the features of Quicken), but at least it worked as advertised, up until 1 week ago. For the past week, I have not been able to download any transactions from Coastal (and received no satisfactory resolution from [Removed - 3rd Party Software]). I finally decided (today) to give Quicken one more chance, only to have the same issue with Quicken and Coastal that others have been having. I can't connect through one-step update. I can download from Coastal into Quicken, but my dates are all showing as 1924! I have also been trying other packages in the interim. I don't appear to have an issue with [Removed - 3rd Party Software], or with [Removed - 3rd Party Software] (what I used after I left Quicken). So, there is some type of issue with Quicken and Coastal and few but not all Apps with Coastal. I am at a loss right now as to which direction to turn to. I would like to stay with Quicken, but can't, if this is not fixed over the next couple of weeks! If anyone has any updates with this Quicken and Coastal FCU saga, please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.