Upgrade from Quicken Classic to Quicken Home and Business

Options
SandySp
SandySp Member

I currently have Quicken Classic and would like to upgrade to Quicken Home and Business. Will I lose the information from that I have already entered into Quicken Classic?

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, you won't lose any data with the upgrade. They use the same data file layout.

For the upgrade, you only need to pay the difference in price between your current Q product price and the H&B price.

If you click SUPPORT at the top of this page, they can conduct the upgrade with you.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

"Classic" is just a new brand name signifying nothing. Significant names are Starter, Deluxe, Premier, etc. Your data will remained intact.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, you won't lose any data with the upgrade. They use the same data file layout.

For the upgrade, you only need to pay the difference in price between your current Q product price and the H&B price.

If you click SUPPORT at the top of this page, they can conduct the upgrade with you.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

"Classic" is just a new brand name signifying nothing. Significant names are Starter, Deluxe, Premier, etc. Your data will remained intact.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Galen Gautreaux
    Options

Can I upgrade to Quicken Home and Business for a year or two, then downgrade back to Premier?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it’s all the same data file - just with different software features turned on/off for each version…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.