PayPal last download date and time not updating

Options
branquick
branquick Member ✭✭✭

After updating I am getting no indication of Last download date and time. All other accounts work correctly.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds like your runtime.dat file might be corrupted. It's not hard to fix but depending on how many accounts you have it might take a little time. You might want to click on this link (Time date stamp [of last account update]) and then scroll up toward the top of the thread to see my 4/1/2023 post laying out the steps for how to resolve this issue.

Let me know if this resolved the issue for you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @branquick,

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

For PayPal only the issue still continues to persist. I downloaded one transaction today, but no date and time for it.

Tried the Signed Out, and Signed Back IN, when I updated PayPal it downloaded 15 transactions from Navy Federal Credit Union (both saving and checking). No change

Tried Reset Account, no change, After updating I am still getting no indication of Last download date and time. All other accounts work correctly.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@branquick - In the Paypal Account Register what do you see for the date/time of the last download and for the connection method (please be specific)? You should see something like what is shaded in yellow in this picture.

If you do not see anything or it shows some, non-recent, date: Check your other accounts to see if there might be others that do not show the correct or expected information. List anything unusual or unexpected back here.

• branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just tried followings steps, still no change, the issue still continues to persist.

1. Deactivate and Set up Now for Online services.
    2. Ran Validate and Repair File. No issues found
    3. Deactivate PayPal , changed name to Old PayPal
    4. Add new account PayPal - same issue
    5. Deleted new account PayPal, change name of Old PayPal back to PayPal
    6. Activated One Step Update again, downloaded transactions issue still continues to persist.

• branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

As shown in attached PayPal does not show the Last download.

Other accounts that use Express Web Connect are not updating the Last Download date and time. (note Discover Card shows 6:34 pm time on One Step Update Summary).

Express Web Connect: NFCU (Checking/Saving), Amazon, Discover, FNBO, Lowes, Best Buy

The investing account using Express Web Connect+ still updating

PayPal is Express Web Connect+

Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: Version R52.33, Build 27.1.5.2.33
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds like your runtime.dat file might be corrupted. It's not hard to fix but depending on how many accounts you have it might take a little time. You might want to click on this link (Time date stamp [of last account update]) and then scroll up toward the top of the thread to see my 4/1/2023 post laying out the steps for how to resolve this issue.

Let me know if this resolved the issue for you.

• branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken response: All is good, all accounts have the Time Date Stamp. Thanks

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Sorry but the response you got from Quicken Support is not accurate. The date and time stamp shown on the right side of that 1st picture (the OSU Summary report) you posted is NOT the date and time of the last download. It is simply the date and time of the last time you ran OSU. It should not be interpreted to mean that the OSU was successful in downloading transactions and online balance data. It only means that you attempted to get a successful download at that date and time.

If you want to see the actual date and time of the last download, you can view that in 3 ways:

1. In that OSU Summary report (the first picture you posted) click on the blue font link directly beneath the name of the financial institution on the left side of report screen. Then you will see the specific account(s) that were included in the OSU run and the Online Balance, the number of transactions that were downloaded (if there were any) and the last download date will be shown. NOTE: The 2 sets of dates in OSU Summary (beneath the financial institution name and on the right side of the view) will not always be aligned with each other. That is not necessarily an indication of a problem. But if the 2 sets of dates are more than 1-2 days apart from each other it is a pretty good indication that there quite possibly is a download issue of some sort.
    2. As I'd posted on 10/24 above, directly under the Account Name at the top left of the Account Register you should have seen something like what is shaded in yellow.: But the 2nd picture you posted shows that your PayPal account does indeed have a download issue since the information shaded in yellow in the picture immediately above is not present. This is proof positive that you have a download and connection issue with at least this one PayPal account.
    3. In Account List look in the Transaction Download and the Last Download columns. If you do not see these columns, click on the Options button at the bottom of and toward the left side of Account List and then click on Show transaction download status and on Show last download date.

Did you try the runtime.dat fix process I'd suggested above? It has proven to be a pretty reliable means for actually fixing this issue.

If you do not feel comfortable doing the runtime.dat fix process then you could try another method but it does have some history of being more of a band-aid than it is a fix because the issue tends to crop up, again, in the future. If you wish instead to try this method first: Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account > if you are prompted, make sure to Link the downloaded data to the account you already have set up in Quicken.

• branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

All is good, (the runtime.dat fix process worked) all accounts have the Time Date Stamp. Thanks

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Ah, I'd misunderstood. Thank you for confirming. Good to hear this process helped another person resolve the issue.

This discussion has been closed.