Quicken isn't the only application that has trouble with financial institution connections.

Options
Chris_QPW
Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in The Water Cooler

Since this basically ground zero for every Quicken financial institution connection problem one might get the impression that this is a Quicken only problem. It isn't. I used Mint in the past and the ones built into the financial institution's websites themselves and have never found any of them 100% reliable. They all have problems, sometimes with the same financial institutions and sometimes with different ones. If fact, here is a screenshot of my Chase website:

And at the present time, all of these are updating just fine in Quicken.

This is a US financial institution problem that isn't going to go away any time soon, mostly because of the simple fact that it isn't that important to the financial institutions or are federal government.

Signature:
This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

One of Quicken's competitors publishes a list on their website of the banks that they're currently having issues connecting to; I checked it just now and there were over 200 banks on it, some of them very well known. So yeah, definitely not just Quicken.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I see it with Fidelity too. Sometimes a FI works there, but not in Quicken, other times its the other way around. Its messy, too many moving parts. No one's got it down pat.

This discussion has been closed.