missing account (Q Mac)

Options
John 4 Kent
John 4 Kent Member

I updated my quicken today (10/24/2023) to Mac reversion 7.3.2 and on of my accounts is no longer there. I can find any information on it or how to recover it. Any suggestions? Thank you

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @John 4 Kent,

Did you receive any error codes or messages after updating? Which financial institution is this account with?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John 4 Kent
    Options

No, I did not receive any error codes. I do have it connected to any financial institution(s). I use Quicken more to catorize expenditures for tax purposes for my two small business and my personal tracking.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Have you looked at the Accounts > Hide & Show Accounts screen? Is the account there but makes as hidden? Or is there an account with an odd name which might be a renamed version of the account you're looking for?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • John 4 Kent
    Options

I apoligize, it was to be I do not have it connected to FI.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @John 4 Kent,

In that case, I recommend restoring a Time Machine Backup that was created before the account disappeared. You can do so by using the instructions below. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding just in case.

By default, Quicken data and backup files get saved in the hidden library. You can access that by opening Finder > Hold "Option" on your keyboard and click on the "Go" menu at the top of your screen > Select "Library" in the dropdown while holding still holding "Option".

Once the library opens you can let go of the "Option" key and open the folder called "Application Support", then open the folder called "Quicken". In this folder, you should have 4 different folders-- Backups, Documents, Downloads, and Logs or Log Files. You can either enter time machine once you open the Quicken folder or you can go into Backups or Documents and then enter the time machine. Backups (of course) is where all backup and automatic backup files get saved and Documents is where the master data files get saved.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John 4 Kent
    Options

Thank you Jacobs. I had tried that and did it again to confirm. I haven't found anything that indicates there is a restore place.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I had tried that and did it again to confirm.

To be clear: are you saying you looked at the Accounts > Hide & Show Accounts screen, and there is no evidence of your missing account?

I haven't found anything that indicates there is a restore place.

I'm sorry, I don't know what you are saying here. Quicken Jasmine gave instructions on how to restore from a backup file. Did you follow those directions to locate your folder of backup files?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • John 4 Kent
    Options

Thank you Jasmine. Problem solved!

This discussion has been closed.