Chase credit card will only connect as a checking/savings account type

Options

I have three Chase credit cards. For some reason one of them got disconnected from online downloads and I had to reconnect it. When I went through the Chase login process to add the account back into Quicken it found all three credit cards, but the one that had been previously disconnected was now classified as a checking/savings account. Within the Quicken interface you can't choose credit card and I wasn't able to link it back to my existing Chase account that has the entire history in it. I completed the process to add the account back in as new but now it shows up in my account list as a checking account. What is causing this and can it be fixed? I've tried it multiple times and the same thing always happens. The other two Chase cards work just fine. Very frustrating.

Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try going to the Account Details → Online Service tab and selecting Deactivate, and then close that dialog.

Then Tools → Add Account, add the account this way and be sure to link to the existing account when you get to that step.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jmmckenna1973
    Options

I've tried that. The problem is that when you go to add the account again in Quicken it only recognizes it as a checking/savings account instead of as a credit card account. There's no option to choose credit card and/or to link it to the existing credit card account. Basically all you can do is either set it up as a new checking/savings account or link it to an existing checking/savings account. The problem lies in how Quicken recognizes the account type. Not sure why it would have changed. Maybe Chase did something on their end?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, it sounds like something might be different on Chase's side. The one last test I might suggest is to add the account to a new data file and see what happens. If it does it there, it is clearly some that Chase did.

Signature:
  • jmmckenna1973
    Options

Good idea. I setup a new test file and added the Chase accounts. They all came up as credit cards on the test file so it's not something on the Chase side. Maybe my Quicken file is corrupted or something?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, you can try running File → Validate and Repair → Validate File (select) → OK.

Another thing to try is just add it as a new account. If it can be setup as a credit card account, then you can move any transactions that are missing in the old account to the new one by selecting them and then right clicking and select Move Transaction(s). And then delete the old account.

Signature:
  • jmmckenna1973
    Options

Yeah, I already did that and the only option is to add it as a checking/savings account. I guess it doesn't really matter much as long as the transactions get downloaded. It just shows up in the wrong section in the account list. There are other posts on here from people with the same problem. Very odd.

This discussion has been closed.