How long does it take to do a QMac Database Update? It's been more than 1 hour?

Options
lucmfrancoeur
lucmfrancoeur Member

I subscribed and downloaded the app earlier. Started updating my accounts. Turned off the program and turned it back on and it's been on Database Update.

Version 7.3.2 for macOS 14.0

Answers

• lucmfrancoeur
    Options

Sorry, been "stuck" on database update for over 1 hour!

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Most database updates take a minute to a few minutes. What version are you upgrading from? And old pre-subscription version?

I'm confused by the sequence you describe. You downloaded version 7.3.x initially? And you opened your database file and worked on your accounts without a database update, but the next time you launched Quicken, it then did a database update? I've never seen a database update occur immediately after a version upgrade first launches.

I'd let the program run for a while, just in case it's actually doing something and might recover. But you'll probably have to eventually do a Force Quit. Then make a copy of the backup file created when you previously quit Quicken, and double-click it to launch Quicken and see if it updates the database cleanly this time.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lucmfrancoeur
    Options

Its new. Registered and downloaded tonight. It’s not an upgrade.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Okay, just to make sure I'm understanding correctly. You're a new Quicken Mac user, just starting today. You launched Quicken, did some set-up work, and quit Quicken; then you re-launched Quicken and this database update popped up? That sure seems odd. But since you have very little data in your file, a database update should have finished in seconds.

I would Force Quit. You could try re-lauchning Quicken again to see what happens. Or you could start from the backup Quicken created when you quite your first time. (Or you could create a new file and start from scratch again, but I don't know how much work you did before this problem.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lucmfrancoeur
    Options

yes correct. I will give this a try. Thx

• seangoggin
    seangoggin Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem.

Download 7.3.2 Quicken.dmg on new Mac.

Double click install install

Says converting database for hours.

Did not ask for database location, or for me to login to quicken.

I think the sequence is messed up and it is dead locked.

This discussion has been closed.