Incomplete One Step Update Summary

Options
bhenley
bhenley Member ✭✭

There's been posts previously about this and this is currently affecting my file. I'm running Quicken Premier for Windows, Version R52.33; Build 27.1.52.33. The summary lists only 4 of more than 10 institutions downloaded and omits any of them with errors. Also, all institutions seem to download though the summary is truncated. How should I approach a fix?

Note that one post, in May 2021 referenced a corrupt runtime.dat file and how to fix the problem but the link doesn't work for me. Any suggestions currently?

chrisandmark330
 Member ✭✭May 2021 Answer ✓The suggestion made by Sherlock in this post fixed the problem much more easily - seems it was a corrupt runtime.dat file.

Since this is something being reported by multiple users, going as far back as at least February, I hope it's something Quicken developers are looking into.
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888587/one-step-update-summary-is-incomplete

Thanks BH

Tagged:

Answers

• bhenley
    bhenley Member ✭✭
    Options

Here's the link that doesn't work for me:

The suggestion made by Sherlock in this post fixed the problem much more easily - seems it was a corrupt runtime.dat file.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888587/one-step-update-summary-is-incomplete

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @bhenley,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-7955)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DeVille63
    DeVille63 Member ✭✭
    Options

Fixed thanks to Sherlock: First, I closed out Quicken. Secondly, I renamed theC:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\QData\runtime.dat file to OLD_runtime.dat. Next, I restarted Quicken and ran the One Step Update. All my Accounts updated except a couple. In these instances I viewed my account and did a Reset in the Display Options. Now all accounts update and display. No more incomplete screen. After everything worked I backed up Quicken and in File Explorer remove the renamed files. Again Thank You to Sherlock.

• DeVille63
    DeVille63 Member ✭✭
    Options

P.S. I also renamed C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Commom\runtime.dat file to OLD_runtime.dat

• bhenley
    bhenley Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks! will try it and let you know if this solves the problem.

• bhenley
    bhenley Member ✭✭
    Options

Tried the fix, interesting results as now different accounts are summarized but still not all financial institutions are captured in the summary. Some new ones added and some of the ones that showed up previously are now dropped.

I'll try again in the future though thank you for offering the possible solution.

This discussion has been closed.