Does anybody have a solution to the mulitple screens issue? Tiny register window in main screen.

Options

When working with a bank register on an extra monitor, the drop down menus appear on the main screen (set in the windows display preferences) and it is tiny and illegible. If you make your extra monitor the main, it works fine but defeats the purpose of extra monitor. i.e. Once you unplug extra monitor and use laptop as a laptop, the icons rearrange everywhere.

This issue goes back years (there are many threads in forum about this) and there is no resolution. Quicken has blamed this on resolution but this is not the issue because it works fine as long as quicken is run in the main monitor.

I spent an hour on chat and phone with quicken and did not get help. Does anyone have a solution?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Other than making the screen with the higher resolution the main display there isn't any other workaround.

The basic problem is that Quicken is overriding standard main window so they can put up one that has extra controls on the title bar (which isn't a standard feature of Microsoft windows). So, they are "trying" to handle all the things like sizing the main window, that Windows libraries would do automatically and not getting it 100% correct. To make it even worse they are using a very old function to decide on the properties of the display that Quicken is on, but the one they are using pre-dates multiple displays and only gets its information from the main display.

On my system it works fine because I have two identical monitors, but that is of little comfort for the people that are using a laptop with a bigger/different resolution monitor.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.