continuing stress test on mac beta with schwab personalized direct index

Options
india just
india just Mac Beta Beta
edited January 23 in Investing (Mac)

I now have 2 months of transactions to report on. All dividends were correct, a few sales with single penny costs reported correctly. I have only had 3 mistakes (beyond the initial setup isssues previously discussed). The first is that schwab makes liberal use of SWGXX as a cash proxy. A small 3.11 dividend during brief ownership was reported as zero… likely because the trades in/out of SWGXX are not reported as asset ownership and don't show up in the portfolio. None of the trades in/out of SWGXX are reported either. The statement does not report such either as it is considered identical inside the account.

Second and third, I had two mandatory mergers in October, Activision and Horizon Therapeutics. In both cases the cash showed up and the portfolio went down, but it was not registered as a sale. I can supply a screen shot of how the transaction differs from a usual trade if there is interest. I just edited the zero sale transaction to be an actual sale, and it worked fine.

Again, please don't treat this as feature requests, I am just reporting on issues with an account that would be impossible to track in any other manner due to the 1417 transactions in 2 months. Quicken has always struggled with mergers and spinoffs in my accounts, but this kind of account is more exposed to such issues as result of high number of positions and exposure to replicating entire SCHK index with individual holdings.

Long time user, mac only, brand new to beta testing.  NOOB.  Allin on beta.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2023
    Options

Quicken Mac is between betas, so right now you're just using the same version as non-beta testers. But when the next beta test starts you should be careful to post beta feedback only in the appropriate beta test forum.

There have been one or two other posts about downloaded transactions involving the Activision merger not being correct.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• india just
    india just Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I also recently had a merger issue with Bunge, BG. They merged with parent company and kept same symbol. I just forced the transaction to sell the old BG and buy the new, both at zero cost.

• india just
    india just Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I am now at 1652 transactions. Had the same issue with dividends from SWGXX. Schwab considers this part of the cash allocation, so there is no actual holding, it is just a small slush fund that varies between 0-1 % during rebalances. I see a 0 transaction and manually type in the correct amount. It is around three bucks each month. I am guessing Q does not want to report dividends on something that is not in the portfolio.

• india just
    india just Mac Beta Beta
    Options

With the latest update, I only see temporary errors on transactions related to cash. If I do nothing, within a day or so the cash allocation will self correct within schwab and will balance correct in Q.

I saw another forced merger with Seagen Dec 14. Q imports two transactions, one as a note that says mandatory merger at 0 cost, then the second transaction shows as a payment, instead of a sell, at 0 cost. Looks like the sell price is in a different field than usual.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You have posted in the wrong place for beta testing. This is the main Quicken forum.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.